Rate the joints and share your experiences, pictures encouraged

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Southside Market in Hutto

Postby spacetrucker » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:30 pm

We went to the new Southside market in Hutto;
sorry no pictures, the food looked very appetizing and was served in metal trays on butcher paper; The wife ordered brisket, sausage, beans, and potato salad. The brisket was much over cooked (in my narrow minded opinion it was falling apart and difficult to keep on a fork) and mostly tasted of burnt fat, the chunk of meat was the fatty end of the brisket; The sausage was nicely sliced and leaking much grease or juice on the paper. The beans had a ranch style bean taste to them, probably chili power, brown sugar and a few other seasonings; My plate contained turkey, and mac and cheese different from my wife's; The turkey was cut with the grain cannot figure that one? On a scale of 1 to 10 the dryness = 7 when paired with the sausage the moisture content was about right. The mac and cheese was milk and cheese easy to tell because they separated, good flavor though. Hopefully they will get over the new restaurant opening blues and others will have a better opinion than we did. They have been open for a total of two weeks, and from the looks of their website now have 4 locations open so they may be trying to get to big to quick.
https://www.southsidemarket.com/
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
limey USER_AVATAR
limey
Deputy

Re: Southside Market in Hutto

Postby limey » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:58 pm

Thanks for the great review, I have family in Rockdale and would like to try it out. Big fan of there sausage!
How bout some more beans Mr.Taggert? I'd say you've had enough!
R & O Custom Trailer
Weber 22.5 Gold
Weber 22.5 Smoky Mountain
Oklahoma Joe Longhorn Edition
Limey BBQ Co. Competition Team
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Re: Southside Market in Hutto

Postby Rambo » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:55 am

Get the Hot Guts
phillymike
Cowboy

Southside Market in Hutto

Postby phillymike » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:15 pm

I know I’m a little late on this one but, opening another restaurant 4th one getting to big to quickly? I think they’ve been in business for like over 50 years. Good review though.

Whoops 138 years
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “BBQ Joints - Reviews & Discussion”