Well it finally happened

Rate the joints and share your experiences, pictures encouraged

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Well it finally happened

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:05 pm

We went to Rudy's on 105 today and had a variety of grub - - - - you'd think that out of 6 items at least a couple would be good???
NOT THIS TIME - - - Sherry's Brisket was almost unchewable and had NO smoke flavor or even a hint of a smoke ring and my Pork Ribs were tough as well and had to be pulled or cut from the bone because you could not chew it off. The Beans were uneatable as well as the coleslaw. Sherry always gets the cream corn which they used to be famous for and she did eat all of it. :dont: :roll:

That will be our last time there but we may try the one on I-45 the next time we're in that area and I just pray they haven't gone to Pot like this one.
:whiteflag: :whiteflag: :whiteflag: :whiteflag: :whiteflag: :whiteflag: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :dont: :dont: :dont: :dont: :dont:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Re: Well it finally happened

Postby spacetrucker » Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:23 pm

Wow black eye for Rudys...
I have eaten at several all over the state, the best in my opinion on Lamar in Austin, The worst was Del Rio, just my opinion Corpus C was another worst but not as bad as Del Rio :scratch:
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:38 pm

This was a real surprise and ?shock? to us yesterday but I guess those things happen in today's world, eh? :whiteflag:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:13 am

it seems to depend on the manager they hire, I have seen it many times an excellent place to eat goes to a I won't be back in a short time...
It is a quick trip from hero to zero.
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:17 am

Agree - - - and it's probably cause by the desire to make more Money most of the time :dont:
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:03 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Agree - - - and it's probably cause by the desire to make more Money most of the time :dont:
:thap:
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:06 pm

We don’t have Rudy’s in my neck of the woods
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:11 pm

They opened up one of those Dickeys places in a shopping center here; it didn’t last too long
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:17 pm

Yeah, we watched one of those play "roller coaster" in Fairfield, Texas for a couple of years - - - I don't know if they're there or any good now????
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:57 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Yeah, we watched one of those play "roller coaster" in Fairfield, Texas for a couple of years - - - I don't know if they're there or any good now????

I only go to Rambo’s, Bodacious, or Lufkin Bbq
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:45 pm

If Llano wasn't several hundred miles away, I'd eat there at least two times a week. :laughing7: :laughing7:
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:28 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:If Llano wasn't several hundred miles away, I'd eat there at least two times a week. :laughing7: :laughing7:

We used to stop at Cooper’s all the time when we hunted in Junction. I actually liked the Cooper’s in Mason better than Llano

Return to “BBQ Joints - Reviews & Discussion”