Mean GREEN SAUCE Machine

Anything added to the meat to make it mo better.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Mean GREEN SAUCE Machine

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:13 pm

NO I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT THE PROCTOR SILEX $10 IMMERSION BLENDER
I'M TALKING ABOUT "ME" :tup: :salut: :cheers: :laughing7: :D :lol: :chef: :texas:

First time to whoop up some Sooner Green Sauce and, as Outlaw said previously "It won't be my Last Time".

A couple of things I think I'll do next time is only use 1/2 cup oil instead of 3/4 cup - - I mixed half and half Virgin Olive and Canola and I like it. I used 1/4 of a very large Yellow Sweet Own-Yawn and don't regret it. Pressed the 2 cloves of garlic with a garlic press, used a heaping tsp Kosher and I can't wait to try it on some breakfast Tacos. Unfortunately it will probably be Friday morning before I do because the War Dept scheduled her MRI for 7:30am and it's a hours drive :banghead:

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

Used 6 large penners that were vine ripened and the skin showed the age so I removed the seeds and I'm glad I did. My efforts rendered me a little over 1/2 quart and that's just right for my consumption.
IMG_0006.JPG

Thanks again, SoonerMan :tup: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Re: Mean GREEN SAUCE Machine

Postby bsooner75 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:02 pm

Looks good but removing the seeds takes the mystery out of it…that first bite is like Russian Roulette for your tongue :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:07 pm

I'm too old for surprises - - - it has "plenty of heat" believe me :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:54 am

Back on Schedule - - - Wiffy cancelled her MRI so Breakfast as Usual is back on. :tup:
Pretty much a no-brainer when I fix my breakfast for 90% of the time it will be Breakfast Taco.
However, this time it will give me a chance to introduce the Flavor of this new Green Sauce.

Please excuse the silly Breakfast ?Pizza? play by play. :roll: :laughing7:
Grate Pepper Jack onto one Guererro Corn Tort and nuke to melt
IMG_0007.JPG

Add a layer of Roasted Salsa with a small amout of Suckle Busters Jalapeno Jelly mixed in
IMG_0008.JPG

Brown one Owens Hot Sausage patty
IMG_0010.JPG

Chop up Patty return to hot skillet and drizzle in some Egg Beater (used to use whole egg until I cut my Breakfast consumption to one layer of goodies instead of two. :dont:
IMG_0011.JPG

Put sausage/egg mixture on Taco and spread out - - I usually add S&P at this time
IMG_0012.JPG

Grate on one last layer of Pepper Jack and nuke to melt
IMG_0013.JPG

TRUMPET INTRO: Add in introductory flavor of new Green Sauce and DEVOUR
IMG_0014.JPG

OK, Breakfast is down and the sillyness is over, I promise.
Bottomline was I really like the flavor of the Green Sauce HOWEVER, I think my Lunch and Supper palates would like it even more than my Breakfast taste buds. Just a thought :dont:
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:26 am

Nice looking breakfast! I had a banana :( trying to make myself eat something other than just downing coffee…

outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:51 am

What I like about this stuff is it enhances the other flavors, not really a stand alone sauce on it own IMHO. I backed off on the oil as well, not really sure why it is even needed.

OUP, hold out your hand. :x Right now young man. :angryfire: :angryfire: You get 3 good knuckle whacks with a ruler for removing the seeds. The seeds are required!! (Does everyone also know that the real heat from peppers doesn't primarily come from the seeds like many think, the hottest part is actually the "Veins" that the seeds are attached to) (my contribution to useless trivia knowledge for the day)

That little immersion blender looks like it worked real well. I don't have one of those, but with as many other types as we have can't justify the purchase.
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:56 am

Yea, I showed OUP’s post to my wife (she makes the green stuff) and she said he needs to back off on the oil.

You should listen to her…apparently I don’t, according to her. At least I think that’s what she said :)

bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:57 am

Oh and Outlaw is spot on about the veins. But we cut the stems off and toss the whole thing in.

outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:18 am

bsooner75 wrote:Oh and Outlaw is spot on about the veins. But we cut the stems off and toss the whole thing in.

I boil them with the stems then pull them off on the way to the blender so you don't have quite as much water to drain out. Love this stuff. Over Thanksgiving a friend had a cold was sniffling around and after a couple TBSP's of this stuff could breathe just fine :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bayou Classic Ceramic
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:28 am

WTG, OUP!

The first time I made that sauce I was guzzling it as it cooled. :laughing7:
Moink!
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:43 am

Sailor Kenshin wrote:WTG, OUP!

The first time I made that sauce I was guzzling it as it cooled. :laughing7:

I add habaneros to bring mine up where it needs to be, one at a time. :lol: :lol:
Bayou Classic Ceramic
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:23 am

OK, Y'all, I will admit that it could have been a tad hotter had I not removed the catalyst HOWEVER, I was hoping (which I achieved) to get something that my Family would try also. I'll probably do a High Octane Leaded batch the next time but this will darn sure work for the moment. I'm even thinking that it might be pretty nifty to mix in with a cheese dip for the Holiday Gatherings but leave it kind swirly in the yeller cheese :dont:

OH, Sailor, thanks again for the heads up on the Immersion Blender it was the perfect tool for this old man. :salut:
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:50 am

OldUsedParts wrote:OK, Y'all, I will admit that it could have been a tad hotter had I not removed the catalyst HOWEVER, I was hoping (which I achieved) to get something that my Family would try also. I'll probably do a High Octane Leaded batch the next time but this will darn sure work for the moment. I'm even thinking that it might be pretty nifty to mix in with a cheese dip for the Holiday Gatherings but leave it kind swirly in the yeller cheese :dont:

OH, Sailor, thanks again for the heads up on the Immersion Blender it was the perfect tool for this old man. :salut:

Most welcome, OUP! We squish other 'stuff' with it, too. :laughing7:
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:02 am

Trust me, while I was using it my mind was running wild with iddies - - - this one didn't have the whisk but for the price I couldn't pass it up. We have a two beater hand mixer that works fine even if it did come over on the Mayflower. :salut:
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:21 pm

I've got a stick blender like yours oup, I use it all the time, whipped up small amount of cream in a tumbler with this. Wife bought some scones. 1 at night for supper, I heat and lashings of butter then my home made strawberry jam topped with cream. Her treat. I made 2 litres of jam from berries from her garden. Making another batch tomorrow.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.

Return to “Rubs, Spices, Sauces, Mops and Marinades”