The Man's Pan Method (KAM)

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

Bockbock
Cowboy

The Man's Pan Method (KAM)

Postby Bockbock » Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:03 am

Hey all, hope everyone is well and enjoying their families, their faith and having some laughs in these trying times! Can someone lead me to the Kam Pan Method? I think I have it in my head. Here is what I think it is.

Smoke brisket 275 until 165 internal temp and pan with an inch or so of Beef broth. Pull off pit at 205-210 internal temp.

That is what I remember. Have a catering event this coming Saturday for 120 peeps. Need to be on point. Thanks in advance. :texas:
Bockbock
Dillo Q
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Re: The Man's Pan Method (KAM)

Postby Rambo » Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:43 am

Bockbock wrote:Hey all, hope everyone is well and enjoying their families, their faith and having some laughs in these trying times! Can someone lead me to the Kam Pan Method? I think I have it in my head. Here is what I think it is.

Smoke brisket 275 until 165 internal temp and pan with an inch or so of Beef broth. Pull off pit at 205-210 internal temp.

That is what I remember. Have a catering event this coming Saturday for 120 peeps. Need to be on point. Thanks in advance. :texas:

You are correct. I’m sold on the method. I smoke the meat for about 5 or 6 hours. I make little aluminum golf balls and place in the bottom of the pan so the meat is not sitting in the juice. After that, heat is heat, I’m not proud anymore so I just place the meat on top of the aluminum balls, seal my aluminum pan off tightly with a piece of foil, and put it in the oven until it reaches 200. I’ll see if I can find you a picture. I also take the drippings out of the pan and pour them in a measuring cup and stick that in the freezer. The grease will rise to the top and get hard; you get that out and what is left is Pure, smoked Heaven Juice. I use one can of Beef Broth for Brisket and Pineapple Juice for pork
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:47 am

Pan
Attachments
D3A5C081-161A-47AF-B8E6-7C4F3D785777.jpeg
Bockbock
Cowboy

Postby Bockbock » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:10 pm

I havne't done the golf balls, I just set the brisket in the juice. I wonder how much of a difference it makes. We catered for 150 peeps in May and we just set the brisket in the juice. What's the difference. Thanks for your response.
Bockbock
Dillo Q
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:03 pm

Bockbock wrote:I havne't done the golf balls, I just set the brisket in the juice. I wonder how much of a difference it makes. We catered for 150 peeps in May and we just set the brisket in the juice. What's the difference. Thanks for your response.

I don’t really know if it makes a difference; it’s just the way I do it
k.a.m. USER_AVATAR
k.a.m.
Chuck Wagon

Postby k.a.m. » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:40 pm

Bockbock wrote:I havne't done the golf balls, I just set the brisket in the juice. I wonder how much of a difference it makes. We catered for 150 peeps in May and we just set the brisket in the juice. What's the difference. Thanks for your response.

I do not raise my briskets they lay in the juices. The foil balls are an addition that Rambo has created that works well for him. :D
Always remember slow and steady wins the race.

My Hybrid cooker.
Competition trailer #2.
Bockbock
Cowboy

Postby Bockbock » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:56 am

Appreciate y'all for your responses. Have a great week!
Bockbock
Dillo Q
k.a.m. USER_AVATAR
k.a.m.
Chuck Wagon

Postby k.a.m. » Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:06 pm

I hope your event went well Bockbock.
Always remember slow and steady wins the race.

My Hybrid cooker.
Competition trailer #2.
Bockbock
Cowboy

Postby Bockbock » Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:09 pm

The event went well. 4 briskets, 35lbs of chicken wings and 20lbs of sausage. There was nothing left. I had a guy come up to me as I was leaving, he said the he was a brisket snob and that what we served him was the best he has ever had! I will take that.
Bockbock
Dillo Q
GTR
Bandolero

Postby GTR » Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:57 pm

:cheers: :wav: :cheers:
"The days I keep my expectations low and my gratitude high, I have really good days."
Ray Wylie Hubbard
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:30 pm

Bump for JWH

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”