Resting/Keeping Warm Methodology

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

jwh USER_AVATAR
jwh
Cowboy

Resting/Keeping Warm Methodology

Postby jwh » Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:04 pm

So, I have a few more questions wrt to resting/keeping warm. I am smoking a pork butt which will prolly be done before bed time tonight (Saturday). We won't be eating it until 5-6 pm tomorrow (Sunday). My oven only goes down to 170 degrees.

Is that too warm to keep it wrapped and "resting" until morning -at which point- I will transfer it to a slow cooker (still not pulled)?

Would it be safe wrapped in foil, towels, and put in my Yeti cooler which has been preheated?

I kind of don't want to pull the pork until it's time to eat.
Josh
jwh USER_AVATAR
jwh
Cowboy

Re: Resting/Keeping Warm Methodology

Postby jwh » Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:15 pm

I think I may just put it in the cooler, and -in the morning- take it out, pull it, and sauce it. Take it in the crock pot.
Josh
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:36 pm

Sounds like a plan - - - I personally think it will turn out great that way - - - How low does your Slow Cooker go ???
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
jwh USER_AVATAR
jwh
Cowboy

Postby jwh » Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:49 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Sounds like a plan - - - I personally think it will turn out great that way - - - How low does your Slow Cooker go ???

Warm, Low, and High.
Josh
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:56 pm

Neighbor knocked on door a minute ago and handed me a tupperware full of ?Guess What? - - - Yuppers, good ol Pulled Pork - - sho glad I got that extra Freezer. :laughing7: :lol: :D
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
jwh USER_AVATAR
jwh
Cowboy

Postby jwh » Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:44 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Neighbor knocked on door a minute ago and handed me a tupperware full of ?Guess What? - - - Yuppers, good ol Pulled Pork - - sho glad I got that extra Freezer. :laughing7: :lol: :D

How neighborly!
Josh
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:01 pm

jwh wrote:
OldUsedParts wrote:Neighbor knocked on door a minute ago and handed me a tupperware full of ?Guess What? - - - Yuppers, good ol Pulled Pork - - sho glad I got that extra Freezer. :laughing7: :lol: :D

How neighborly!

I had already bagged and frozen the stuff I had done so I fixed and Sammie Stack for Supper yesterday and two Tacos for Lunch today. Now it's in the freezer with mine.

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”