Long weekend.

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

k.a.m. USER_AVATAR
k.a.m.
Chuck Wagon

Long weekend.

Postby k.a.m. » Fri May 27, 2022 11:53 am

What is everyone cooking this weekend?
I am going to throw a brisket and two racks of ribs on Little Mama Sunday. Going old school S&P on both with butcher paper.
Honoring those that gave the Ultimate Sacrifice.
Always remember slow and steady wins the race.

My Hybrid cooker.
Competition trailer #2.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Long weekend.

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri May 27, 2022 12:35 pm

:flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:
:salut: :salut: :salut: :salut: :salut: :salut: :salut: :salut: :salut: :salut: :salut: :salut: :salut: :salut: :salut: :salut: :salut: :salut: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Fri May 27, 2022 1:13 pm

Sounds good KAM. I’m thinking about thawing a brisket and pork butt. I need to make up my mind
GTR
Bandolero

Postby GTR » Fri May 27, 2022 2:17 pm

Will be hosting the usual 25-30 family. Going easy this time ABT’s, bacon wrapped lil smokies, burgers, dogs and sausages wrapped in roasted Hatch or Poblano and bacon.

And of course a prayer for those who served and gave the ultimate sacrifice that we live free in the GREATEST COUNTRY ON EARTH.
"The days I keep my expectations low and my gratitude high, I have really good days."
Ray Wylie Hubbard
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Fri May 27, 2022 2:58 pm

GTR wrote:Will be hosting the usual 25-30 family. Going easy this time ABT’s, bacon wrapped lil smokies, burgers, dogs and sausages wrapped in roasted Hatch or Poblano and bacon.

And of course a prayer for those who served and gave the ultimate sacrifice that we live free in the GREATEST COUNTRY ON EARTH.

AMEN brother
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri May 27, 2022 3:59 pm

GTR wrote:Will be hosting the usual 25-30 family. Going easy this time ABT’s, bacon wrapped lil smokies, burgers, dogs and sausages wrapped in roasted Hatch or Poblano and bacon.

Well Stated my Friend :tup: :salut: :cheers: :flag:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sat May 28, 2022 8:20 am

I had an extra few days off so did my smoking on Thursday. Brisket, ribs and a couple chickens. Messing around with a reheat method on the brisket so we’ll see how it turns out.

Have a safe holiday weekend. Prayers to the families of those brave soldiers that paid the ultimate sacrifice for our great country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Sat May 28, 2022 9:59 am

bsooner75 wrote:I had an extra few days off so did my smoking on Thursday. Brisket, ribs and a couple chickens. Messing around with a reheat method on the brisket so we’ll see how it turns out.

Have a safe holiday weekend. Prayers to the families of those brave soldiers that paid the ultimate sacrifice for our great country.

Amen. My Dad was a Purple Heart WW 2 veteran, shot 3 times and survived. I’ll just say: Merle Haggard, if you don’t Love It, LEAVE IT
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sat May 28, 2022 12:18 pm

Rambo that’s amazing. They don’t make ‘em like they used too sure seems to fit. True American grit

rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Sat May 28, 2022 1:02 pm

bsooner75 wrote:Rambo that’s amazing. They don’t make ‘em like they used too sure seems to fit. True American grit

He wouldn’t talk about it; I tried to get him to tell me about it and he would not; not a word. Lord knows what these brave Men saw. I’ll risk being censored here and say these young people nowadays don’t have a clue why they have the freedom to voice their opinion’s; whether we agree with them or not. I’m going to stop right there and if OOP or Gator think I said too much I apologize and will accept my banning
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Sat May 28, 2022 1:42 pm

Amen to that.

We're just doing a rack of baby backs, with sides of mac salad and roadhouse beans.
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat May 28, 2022 1:44 pm

I can't speak for Gator HOWEVER, I don't have a problem with it at all. :flag:
"WE" just have to be careful that our :flag: Patriotism :flag: doesn't evolve into Political or other unwanted conversations.
GOD BLESS OUR COUNTRY AND OUR MILITARY both Living and Deceased :flag: :salut: :salut:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat May 28, 2022 1:46 pm

Sailor Kenshin wrote:We're just doing a rack of baby backs, with sides of mac salad and roadhouse beans.

That reminds me to put some Reebs on the Grocery List. Thank Ya Mam :tup:
GTR
Bandolero

Postby GTR » Sat May 28, 2022 3:15 pm

Rambo wrote:
bsooner75 wrote:Rambo that’s amazing. They don’t make ‘em like they used too sure seems to fit. True American grit

He wouldn’t talk about it; I tried to get him to tell me about it and he would not; not a word. Lord knows what these brave Men saw. I’ll risk being censored here and say these young people nowadays don’t have a clue why they have the freedom to voice their opinion’s; whether we agree with them or not. I’m going to stop right there and if OOP or Gator think I said too much I apologize and will accept my banning

Had an uncle in law that did two tours in Nam. Told some of the funniest stories about things he and friends did for a distraction. When asked about the fighting side of things, the life just went out of his eyes. The emotional toll was ever present and unwavering. Haunted him till the day he passed.
"The days I keep my expectations low and my gratitude high, I have really good days."
Ray Wylie Hubbard
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat May 28, 2022 4:31 pm

My Dad was in Korea right after Pearl Harbor and HIS reactions were the same as your Uncle in Law's. :tup: :flag: :salut:

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”