4th of July Cooking & Traveling

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

4th of July Cooking & Traveling

Postby Rambo » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:18 am

Anybody smoking anything? Burgers/ Dogs. Also, if you’re traveling, safe Travels
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: 4th of July Cooking & Traveling

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:43 am

Also, remember that it AMERICA'S BIRTHDAY :flag: :wav:
No traveling for us but I may fix some Pig Bones and watch the Fireworks over Lake Conroe :cheers: :texas:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
k.a.m. USER_AVATAR
k.a.m.
Chuck Wagon

Postby k.a.m. » Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:45 am

If I do anything it will be Monday the fourth.
I am judging in Trinity Texas this weekend for a double header cook-off.
Always remember slow and steady wins the race.

My Hybrid cooker.
Competition trailer #2.
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:37 am

I have been up to the lake since last Saturday. Been cooking on my little mini Weber kettle most nights, I love that little grill. It’s the only time I cook with charcoal mostly. I had to come back to Houston for a Dr appt yesterday. But heading back up today and will come home on Tuesday. The lake has seen a huge increase in people showing up at the parks that they have shut them down on the weekends to get better control of them. They have also had more than there usual share of boating incidents as well.

So everyone stay safe

02881356-D31A-43CB-B651-E958FBBE046F.jpeg

49FC5548-08F9-478F-BDE7-C4F37F5656F4.jpeg
smoking piney USER_AVATAR
Smoking Piney
Outlaw

Postby Smoking Piney » Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:13 pm

I'm smoking two meat loafs on Sunday. The missus and I are staying home and lounging in the pool.

Have a great holiday weekend, folks! :D
John - Hopelessly addicted to smoking and grilling. :D
GTR
Bandolero

Postby GTR » Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:17 pm

Just another typical holiday. Expecting the usual 20-25. Doing 40 or so ABT’s in a couple varieties and probably not much else. Family bringing chicken while the wife and I will be doing 5-6 sides.
"The days I keep my expectations low and my gratitude high, I have really good days."
Ray Wylie Hubbard
k.a.m. USER_AVATAR
k.a.m.
Chuck Wagon

Postby k.a.m. » Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:19 pm

GRailsback wrote:I have been up to the lake since last Saturday. Been cooking on my little mini Weber kettle most nights, I love that little grill. It’s the only time I cook with charcoal mostly. I had to come back to Houston for a Dr appt yesterday. But heading back up today and will come home on Tuesday. The lake has seen a huge increase in people showing up at the parks that they have shut them down on the weekends to get better control of them. They have also had more than there usual share of boating incidents as well.

So everyone stay safe

We camp with an 18" weber kettle with grill grates. It is our go to grill for camping as it is light and easy to clean up.
Always remember slow and steady wins the race.

My Hybrid cooker.
Competition trailer #2.
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:51 pm

GTR wrote:Just another typical holiday. Expecting the usual 20-25. Doing 40 or so ABT’s in a couple varieties and probably not much else. Family bringing chicken while the wife and I will be doing 5-6 sides.

My goodness; good luck with all of that
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:54 pm

Got these in the Frig defrosting and I'm thinking I'll do them
MEMPHIS DRY RUB STYLE this time
It's been a while since I've done that or even eaten any Memphis Dry Ribs
Of course these will be Memphis/St.Louis Dry Ribs :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:
IMG_0025.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
GTR
Bandolero

Postby GTR » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:08 pm

Rambo wrote:
GTR wrote:Just another typical holiday. Expecting the usual 20-25. Doing 40 or so ABT’s in a couple varieties and probably not much else. Family bringing chicken while the wife and I will be doing 5-6 sides.

This is just run of the mill around here. My BIL and SIL have 4 kids, 2 married with spouses and 6 kids total. The oldest grandchildren have boy/girl friends. All total there is 14 of them. My daughter and SIL with 3 kids, wife’s 3-4 friends. It adds up pretty quickly. Like I said just a “typical holiday”.
:whiteflag: :deadhorse: :whiteflag:
"The days I keep my expectations low and my gratitude high, I have really good days."
Ray Wylie Hubbard
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:05 pm

k.a.m. wrote:
GRailsback wrote:I have been up to the lake since last Saturday. Been cooking on my little mini Weber kettle most nights, I love that little grill. It’s the only time I cook with charcoal mostly. I had to come back to Houston for a Dr appt yesterday. But heading back up today and will come home on Tuesday. The lake has seen a huge increase in people showing up at the parks that they have shut them down on the weekends to get better control of them. They have also had more than there usual share of boating incidents as well.

So everyone stay safe

We camp with an 18" weber kettle with grill grates. It is our go to grill for camping as it is light and easy to clean up.

Kevin I have been thinking of getting a bigger Weber for the patio at the lake. I just need to upgrade the cook station in general. It’s not really what it needs to be.
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:31 pm

GTR wrote:
Rambo wrote:

This is just run of the mill around here. My BIL and SIL have 4 kids, 2 married with spouses and 6 kids total. The oldest grandchildren have boy/girl friends. All total there is 14 of them. My daughter and SIL with 3 kids, wife’s 3-4 friends. It adds up pretty quickly. Like I said just a “typical holiday”.
:whiteflag: :deadhorse: :whiteflag:

I understand Brother; when our whole bunch shows up it’s 20-27
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:36 pm

Working on a pork butt right now that’ll be re-heated and shared with neighbors at the pool tomorrow. On Monday we are going back over to the pool and having a pot luck fire up the grill afternoon. Y’all stay safe Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:55 pm

Looks great bs75. Nice lake pics Greg
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:13 am

Good lord Sooner is that sexy. And to think you snuck into our backyard in Willis to pick up that smoker without telling us. Well done on the cook anyway.

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”