4th of July Cooking & Traveling

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: 4th of July Cooking & Traveling

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:23 am

GRailsback wrote:Good lord Sooner is that sexy. And to think you snuck into our backyard in Willis to pick up that smoker without telling us. Well done on the cook anyway.

What HE said ^^^^^^^^
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:34 am

Everyone's cooks look great. No travel here, or anything more elaborate than grilled dogs with chips and sides.
Moink!
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:50 pm

Sailor Kenshin wrote:Everyone's cooks look great. No travel here, or anything more elaborate than grilled dogs with chips and sides.

Same here; we had a grilled steak and mushrooms at lunch; sorry, I didn’t take pictures
copasspupil USER_AVATAR
Copasspupil
Outlaw

Postby Copasspupil » Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:52 pm

Traveling back to the fire station in Idaho is all. Got here safe. Last year at this time it was 115* and 103 at 0130 hrs. Hottest day I've ever been around.
Danno

'66 GT350S clone
Custom built smoker named Seal Team
Santa Maria Grill names GrumpyD'sBBQ
Weber stainless gas grill when I want to cook a hotdog
k.a.m. USER_AVATAR
k.a.m.
Chuck Wagon

Postby k.a.m. » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:12 am

GRailsback wrote:
k.a.m. wrote:
GRailsback wrote:I have been up to the lake since last Saturday. Been cooking on my little mini Weber kettle most nights, I love that little grill. It’s the only time I cook with charcoal mostly. I had to come back to Houston for a Dr appt yesterday. But heading back up today and will come home on Tuesday. The lake has seen a huge increase in people showing up at the parks that they have shut them down on the weekends to get better control of them. They have also had more than there usual share of boating incidents as well.

So everyone stay safe

02881356-D31A-43CB-B651-E958FBBE046F.jpeg

49FC5548-08F9-478F-BDE7-C4F37F5656F4.jpeg

We camp with an 18" weber kettle with grill grates. It is our go to grill for camping as it is light and easy to clean up.

Kevin I have been thinking of getting a bigger Weber for the patio at the lake. I just need to upgrade the cook station in general. It’s not really what it needs to be.

Look at the large PK Grills with grill grates. I love mine and I will on occasion take it to the lake as apposed to the little Weber.
Always remember slow and steady wins the race.

My Hybrid cooker.
Competition trailer #2.
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:38 am

k.a.m. wrote:
GRailsback wrote:
k.a.m. wrote:
GRailsback wrote:I have been up to the lake since last Saturday. Been cooking on my little mini Weber kettle most nights, I love that little grill. It’s the only time I cook with charcoal mostly. I had to come back to Houston for a Dr appt yesterday. But heading back up today and will come home on Tuesday. The lake has seen a huge increase in people showing up at the parks that they have shut them down on the weekends to get better control of them. They have also had more than there usual share of boating incidents as well.

So everyone stay safe

We camp with an 18" weber kettle with grill grates. It is our go to grill for camping as it is light and easy to clean up.

Kevin I have been thinking of getting a bigger Weber for the patio at the lake. I just need to upgrade the cook station in general. It’s not really what it needs to be.

Look at the large PK Grills with grill grates. I love mine and I will on occasion take it to the lake as apposed to the little Weber.

Kevin what do you mean by PK grill? I have been looking at the 22in master touch weber kettle. My ACE Hardware here in the neighborhood carries Weber.
k.a.m. USER_AVATAR
k.a.m.
Chuck Wagon

Postby k.a.m. » Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:49 pm

GRailsback wrote:
k.a.m. wrote:
GRailsback wrote:
k.a.m. wrote:

So everyone stay safe

Kevin what do you mean by PK grill? I have been looking at the 22in master touch weber kettle. My ACE Hardware here in the neighborhood carries Weber.

Here ya go brother.
https://www.pkgrills.com/?_vsrefdom=adw ... gIi5vD_BwE

My Hybrid cooker.
Competition trailer #2.
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:31 pm

k.a.m. wrote:
GRailsback wrote:
k.a.m. wrote:
GRailsback wrote:
k.a.m. wrote:

So everyone stay safe

Here ya go brother.

What model do you have?
k.a.m. USER_AVATAR
k.a.m.
Chuck Wagon

Postby k.a.m. » Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:38 pm

GRailsback wrote:
k.a.m. wrote:
GRailsback wrote:
k.a.m. wrote:
GRailsback wrote:
k.a.m. wrote:

So everyone stay safe

Here ya go brother.

What model do you have?

https://www.pkgrills.com/the-original-p ... -graphite/
I love the folding cart. I also have a set of grill grates in mine.

My Hybrid cooker.
Competition trailer #2.
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:30 pm

k.a.m. wrote:
GRailsback wrote:
k.a.m. wrote:
GRailsback wrote:
k.a.m. wrote:
GRailsback wrote:
k.a.m. wrote:

So everyone stay safe

Here ya go brother.

What model do you have?

Your trying to get me divorced. Right now I just don’t have the time to get up there much. But I’m not scared either. Let me look into it.
k.a.m. USER_AVATAR
k.a.m.
Chuck Wagon

Postby k.a.m. » Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:34 pm

GRailsback wrote:
k.a.m. wrote:
GRailsback wrote:
k.a.m. wrote:
GRailsback wrote:
k.a.m. wrote:
GRailsback wrote:
k.a.m. wrote:

So everyone stay safe

Here ya go brother.

What model do you have?

Your trying to get me divorced. Right now I just don’t have the time to get up there much. But I’m not scared either. Let me look into it.

Well it does help when your wife is as addicted to cookers as you are I ain't gonna lie. :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

My Hybrid cooker.
Competition trailer #2.
uhmump951
Wrangler

Postby uhmump951 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:41 pm

Did an overnight brisket on the Vision and some bratwurst. Also did some ribs on the 26 inch kettle
PXL_20220704_145238785.jpg
PXL_20220704_172323154.jpg
PXL_20220704_172816035.MP.jpg
PXL_20220704_171127543.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:37 pm

Nice "Q" :tup: :chef: :cheers: :salut: :texas:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:45 am

Impressive!
Moink!

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”