Anybody doing anything unusual for Thanksgiving?

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Anybody doing anything unusual for Thanksgiving?

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:33 am

Counselor, has a Technique for Turkey Breast on the Pit that I plan on using some day, however, if I do a Whole Turkey, it is always over Charcoal - Beer Can Style.Counselor, has a Technique for Turkey Breast on the Pit that I plan on using some day, however, if I do a Whole Turkey, it is always over Charcoal - Beer Can Style :tup: :tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:34 am

Counselor, has a Technique for Turkey Breast on the Pit that I plan on using some day, however, if I do a Whole Turkey, it is always over Charcoal - Beer Can Style.Counselor, has a Technique for Turkey Breast on the Pit that I plan on using some day, however, if I do a Whole Turkey, it is always over Charcoal and Injected - Beer Can Style :tup: :tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bowhnter USER_AVATAR
bowhnter
Chuck Wagon

Postby bowhnter » Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:35 pm

spacetrucker wrote:
my best turkey was cut up like a chicken, then each piece was monitored by temperature for doneness. On the breast they were wrapped in foil in the 130 degree temp area, with a 1/2 stick of butter and a generous portion of honey maybe 1/4 cup until they hit the 165 degree temp; Everyone loved the white meat these were not brined, just a little salt, pepper and garlic then in the smoke.

That sounds pretty tasty!
Mike

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber 26”, 22”, and Jumbo Joe
Weber Genesis
Ooni Pro Pizza oven
Blackstone 22 and 36
EdG
Pilgrim

Postby EdG » Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:57 pm

Great to hear all your ideas, guys!

I’m trying to figure out a way to do a quasi-Chinese smoked duck but still have a gravy that’s not too odd.

Good to hear back from y’all.

Smoke on!
k.a.m. USER_AVATAR
k.a.m.
Chuck Wagon

Postby k.a.m. » Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:57 pm

Debbie and I will be heading to Mamou Louisiana tomorrow. We spend Thanksgiving at my Sisters home in the country. My brother-in-law and I will fry three turkeys and twice smoke two hams it is a big get together with family and friends. We will shoot Skeet in the afternoon along with our annual bon fire at night.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!! :D
Always remember slow and steady wins the race.

My Hybrid cooker.
Competition trailer #2.
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:15 pm

k.a.m. wrote:Debbie and I will be heading to Mamou Louisiana tomorrow. We spend Thanksgiving at my Sisters home in the country. My brother-in-law and I will fry three turkeys and twice smoke two hams it is a big get together with family and friends. We will shoot Skeet in the afternoon along with our annual bon fire at night.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!! :D

Nothing like Family. Take it from me; Cherish, Enjoy those times. It can be gone in the blink of an eye. Tell everybody you Love Them while you have the chance
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:09 pm

Looks like Thanksgiving Day is out for us - - - Sherry's in the Hospital after throwing up for 2 days - - - she has an obstruction in her Tummy and hopefully the MRI will tell the Doc what is needed. It's possible that it may be done on T-Day. Have a Blessed one everyone :tup: :(
bowhnter USER_AVATAR
bowhnter
Chuck Wagon

Postby bowhnter » Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:21 pm

OUP, praying that it’s a minor situation and she’s back to normal soon.
Mike

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber 26”, 22”, and Jumbo Joe
Weber Genesis
Ooni Pro Pizza oven
Blackstone 22 and 36
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:18 am

Don't know when or what but I'm out the door and hopefully I can get there before they take her to the O.R.
Thank Y'all - - - I'll keep Y'all updated this evening. God BLess
OUP
EdG
Pilgrim

Postby EdG » Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:42 am

OUP, I wish you all the best, man. Hope you’ll keep us informed.
Sending my best to you and yours,
Ed

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”