Taking advantage of the weather

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Re: Taking advantage of the weather

Postby bsooner75 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:42 pm

Apparently the M&M’s in the bowl next to the cooking are are off limits too I remember when this was a free country…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:51 pm

Sooner, you are telling on yourself. You mean to tell us after drinking 9% beer your are going to put up with that kind of communism? On a day when the cowgirls are finally winning one? Good lord sir. Go in, shut down the kitchen, and request a meeting.
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:36 pm

GRailsback wrote:Sooner, you are telling on yourself. You mean to tell us after drinking 9% beer your are going to put up with that kind of communism? On a day when the cowgirls are finally winning one? Good lord sir. Go in, shut down the kitchen, and request a meeting.

Haha - in my younger days but now I’ve learned that discretion is the better part of valor .

Cheese is off and resting, Cowboys won, off to my room to listen to a couple of albums I grabbed at a local antique store yesterday.

The beautiful candy makers have moved on to Santa cookies!

Couple of cool records I found in downtown Celina yesterday:

grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:44 pm

No Charlie Pride?

Corrupting that daughter with her wardrobe.

Those 2 look like a couple of Iowa girls.

Did you steal a cookie?

Cheese looks good. Had the wife go pick me up some from the Houston Dairymaids the other day. a 15 year cheddar, and a real nice blu cheese. Looking forward to a happy hour with some nice cheese and summer sausage and a cold one when I get home.

Marty Robbins used to drive stock cars. NASCAR

Marty Robbins.jpg
Marty Robbins.jpg (10.43 KiB) Viewed 935 times
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:49 pm

GRailsback wrote:No Charlie Pride?

Corrupting that daughter with her wardrobe.

Those 2 look like a couple of Iowa girls.

Did you steal a cookie?

Cheese looks good. Had the wife go pick me up some from the Houston Dairymaids the other day. a 15 year cheddar, and a real nice blu cheese. Looking forward to a happy hour with some nice cheese and summer sausage and a cold one when I get home.

Marty Robbins used to drive stock cars. NASCAR

I really need some Charlie Pride in my collection. Kids are tired of me telling stories about him as the singer and Ranger fan the last couple days. RIP - he was a true legend.

As far as the kids go - just carrying on the family tradition.

You can’t deny those Iowa bloodlines can you? Some darn good folks up there

bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:50 pm

I did not know Marty Robbins drove stock cars? Wow!

bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:56 pm

Yay I got a cookie!Image

grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:59 pm

bsooner75 wrote:I did not know Marty Robbins drove stock cars? Wow!

He was a decent driver. Not bad, and he had plenty of money so he had good cars, that helps.

As far as the kids go: you shouldn't punish them at such a young age.

The Iowa girls: Pretty, and smart. Also very in charge, since you didn't steal a cookie.

Charlie Pride: I had tickets to go see him on a couple of occasions in Houston, front row seats at the Stafford Center, and got called offshore both times. So I never did get to see him live. True Legend, he will be missed for sure.

Nice Rangers baseball helmets. Will be glad when I can go to the ballpark again.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:29 pm

I have a Story about Charlie Pride that I must tell, even if I have to type it out.
Back in the Seventies when he was just beginning to get a lot of Radio air play, he came to Houston with a Package Show at the Sam Houston Coliseum (been a while like I said LOL). The Radio Stations had been calling him Country Charlie Pride and most folks didn't know that he was of color.
Well, when the MC introduced him to the packed house: "Ladies and Gentlemen, let's make welcome Country Charlie Pride" THE APPLAUSE WAS VERY LOUD UNTIL HE WALKED OUT and then THE APPLAUSE STOPPED.

It was embarassing to watch this reaction but it was quite as a church mouse until Charlie spoke.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, you'll have to forgive this permanent sun tan but I promise you that I am 100% Country and my favorite male artist is Gentleman Jim Reeves. I'd like to do one of his Classics for you now."

THen he started singing "Distance Drums" and when he hit the low register (0:48 on attached Video) at the chorus the Crowd went wild and he OWNED THEM FROM THEN ON :wav:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdHQIyXHELE
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:39 pm

That’s a great story Parts. He went on the local sports radio station - The Ticket - a few times and told stories about walking into radio stations in the early days. The shock on the folks faces when they realized he was black. He had a great sense of humor about it. He really seemed to be a great person.

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:42 pm

I knew pickers that had backed him before and they spoke very highly of him always. :tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:56 pm

I'm classic country guy. And he made some great music. Just not many of them left at all.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:07 pm

GRailsback wrote:I'm classic country guy. And he made some great music. Just not many of them left at all.

Same here - - - I played music with various Bands most of my life until 2010 with most all of them being Classic Country which were Chart toppers back when I first began. :texas:
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:21 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:
GRailsback wrote:I'm classic country guy. And he made some great music. Just not many of them left at all.

Same here - - - I played music with various Bands most of my life until 2010 with most all of them being Classic Country which were Chart toppers back when I first began. :texas:

I’ve tried to catch as many of them as I could live. I saw Ray Price at the Stafford Center as well.
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:24 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:

In the last 10 years or so there was a guy booking and promoting a lot of classic country artist at the stafford center. And I have a good friend whose wife runs the office there. Always have dibs on front row for the stuff I was able to see. Still have that connection there.

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”