Dolly Parton Brisket

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Dolly Parton Brisket

Postby bsooner75 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:03 am

So my last two brisket cooks have been total opposite ends of the spectrum. Both turned out good but just proved no two briskets are alike.

I put this one on Sunday morning and thought I’d wind up finishing sometime in the late evening to middle of the night and eat it Monday. The last brisket I cooked went all day, half the night then the rest of the night in the old trusty KAM pan.

You may be wondering why I am calling this one the Dolly Parton brisket? This little sucker was on at 9 am and we ate at 5pm. That’s right 9 to 5 what a way to make a livin.

Couple main differences was the last brisket was a 14 lb choice that didn’t have much trimming needed. This one was a 11.5 Nolan Ryan Prime that I bet trimmed down to 9 lbs or so. The pit temp went up a little higher than normal on this one and I did just let it ride there. Cooked between 275 and 300 from 9-2 and then I panned it for a couple more hours.

Brisket was tasty but I do think I would have preferred a little more low and slow. I think the fat content of the prime helped it sustain the higher temps a little better. Either way it was good eating and I did enjoy the shorter cook for a change. I’m happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Re: Dolly Parton Brisket

Postby bsooner75 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:05 am

Oh and fired up the Blackstone with some good Iowa bacon my in-laws brought me while the brisket was rolling.

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:28 am

Great Cook and Cool Name Creation :wav: - - - I just wish I was "Two Doors Down" from Y'all :chef: :cheers: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:56 am

Nice. I would say you have "a good understanding" of how to cook a brisket. "Between us" I'm sure you had some "Blue smoke" "blowin' in the wind" and I'd say "daddy did his best"

Look delicious.

Sent fra min SM-G988B via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:43 am

Good job :salut:
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:31 am

I had lunch in Cresco when I was up there for vacation. Fat T's, I parked the motorhome on a side street and walked downtown to it. I didn't make it to that meat locker though. But I did hit up a couple of others and brought home a large supply of brats and ground beef.

Sooner, top to bottom this is a beautiful post. Well done.
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:49 pm

Fine meal there!
Moink!
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:58 pm

Thanks y’all!

OkieGal
Rustler

Postby OkieGal » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:14 am

Your brisket is beautiful, but the breakfast is what turned my head! That looks SO yummy!
I also prefer my "Bloody Mary" with beer instead of vodka - yours looks great - just needs a couple of green olives. ;)
The pickle beer is new to me, I will have to search for that, it sounds interesting.

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”