Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Cheese tots and...

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:31 pm

Some grilled chicken and green salad.

Not all that inspired in the kitchen lately, but a supermarket delivery included FIVE POUNDS of tots by mistake.

There's just the two of us. We're going as fast as we can.

Any more tot ideas? :laughing7:
Moink!
professor bunky USER_AVATAR
Professor Bunky
Outlaw

Re: Cheese tots and...

Postby Professor Bunky » Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:08 pm

At least it’s not too cold to grill some chicken outside ….. yet. :D
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:05 pm

Looks Good, Y"all - - - :tup: :chef: :cheers: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:01 pm

I’d hammer that. Here’s something we do for breakfast when we have company, any size Pyrex will do, just adjust the number of eggs; for a regular Pyrex, I think those are 9x11, we brown a Lb of breakfast sausage and then Pat the grease out of that on paper towels. Warm the Pyrex pan and melt a half a stick of in it. Make sure to get some butter on the sides to prevent sticking. Line the bottom of the pan with the crumbled up sausage. Place tater tots uniformly on top of the sausage. Beat a half a dozen eggs and pour over the top. Bake at 350 until the eggs rise and it barely starts to brown. Cover the top with grated cheese and place back in the oven until you like where the cheese looks. It’s pretty good stuff. Since there’s just 2 of you cut it back to whatever size pan you want to use.
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:23 pm

Rambo wrote:I’d hammer that. Here’s something we do for breakfast when we have company, any size Pyrex will do, just adjust the number of eggs; for a regular Pyrex, I think those are 9x11, we brown a Lb of breakfast sausage and then Pat the grease out of that on paper towels. Warm the Pyrex pan and melt a half a stick of in it. Make sure to get some butter on the sides to prevent sticking. Line the bottom of the pan with the crumbled up sausage. Place tater tots uniformly on top of the sausage. Beat a half a dozen eggs and pour over the top. Bake at 350 until the eggs rise and it barely starts to brown. Cover the top with grated cheese and place back in the oven until you like where the cheese looks. It’s pretty good stuff. Since there’s just 2 of you cut it back to whatever size pan you want to use.

Do you let the tots thaw out first before you bake this?
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:28 pm

Yes
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:29 pm

Rambo wrote:Yes

Just let them thaw or do you pre cook them.
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:10 pm

Just thaw a little, they’re gonna get plenty hot but they’re not crunchy
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:07 am

I'd eat this looks good to me.

I think the tots would be great for breakfast. How about frying them in a pan together with bacon and a little onion? Served with a fried egg?

Sent fra min SM-G988B via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1
OkieGal
Rustler

Postby OkieGal » Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:58 am

Those tots look better than Sonic's!
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:49 am

Rambo wrote:I’d hammer that. Here’s something we do for breakfast when we have company, any size Pyrex will do, just adjust the number of eggs; for a regular Pyrex, I think those are 9x11, we brown a Lb of breakfast sausage and then Pat the grease out of that on paper towels. Warm the Pyrex pan and melt a half a stick of in it. Make sure to get some butter on the sides to prevent sticking. Line the bottom of the pan with the crumbled up sausage. Place tater tots uniformly on top of the sausage. Beat a half a dozen eggs and pour over the top. Bake at 350 until the eggs rise and it barely starts to brown. Cover the top with grated cheese and place back in the oven until you like where the cheese looks. It’s pretty good stuff. Since there’s just 2 of you cut it back to whatever size pan you want to use.

Now THAT'S an idea! :salut:

Thanks, one and all.
Moink!
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:56 am

Sailor Kenshin wrote:

Now THAT'S an idea! :salut:

Thanks, one and all.

It’s pretty good

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”