"SPARE" Me Saturday

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

"SPARE" Me Saturday

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:12 pm

I picked up a very nice rack of Pork Spare Ribs at HEB the other day and I'm doing the prep work so I can put them on the Pit Boss tomorrow morning. Right now they are in the Frig soaking up the Glue (Honey Mustard) so they can be dusted with Suckle Busters Texas Pecan Seasoning in the morning and put on the Pit Boss. For the 6 hours following they will be introduced to variation of heat, apple juice spritzes and Suckle Busters Chipotle Sauce. Sides will be Pinto Beans a la OUP and maybe a Salad from HEB - - - not sure on that yet.
IMG_0017.JPG

IMG_0018.JPG

IMG_0019.JPG

Rubbed with Honey Mustard
IMG_0020.JPG

Wrapped in Plastic Wrap
IMG_0021.JPG

Over night in Frig
IMG_0022.JPG

Muy Loaded Pinto Beanos
IMG_0024.JPG

IMG_0025.JPG

Ready for some slow simmer in the Pot Liquor
IMG_0026.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: "SPARE" Me Saturday

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:17 pm

Got the "Side" ready to heat back up come Dinner Mon-yawner :tup: :chef: :cheers:
IMG_0027.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:33 pm

Niiice! By coincidence, we just prepped a rack of spares to Q tomorrow. Sides unknown at this point but maybe a mac salad?
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:38 pm

G M T A ?
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:37 pm

The beans will be even better tomorrow. I always put my Paprika ( for color) and my rub the night before in the plastic wrap and then I don’t add anything the morning of the cook. I’ll bet yours will be great
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:45 am

Well, I was lucky to get them on by 7:30am. Ruff night with Sherry falling twice - - OUCH All is well now, tho, and the Ribs are in the Smoke. I did decide to use Pecan Pellets instead of Apple but only because they were the newest and most recently opened. I did Season and Spritz before starting the 3 hr smoke.
IMG_0012.JPG

IMG_0013.JPG

IMG_0014.JPG

IMG_0015.JPG

IMG_0016.JPG
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:16 am

Sorry to hear of her falling. Those are scary. Hope she’s not sore this morning
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:49 am

Thanks I think she got lucky and there's no bruises or damage from the falls - - - however, we are headed to get ?something? to prevent her from falling out of bed any more.

Pit Boss is acting up in holding the preferred temps today so I'm having to baby sit it instead of "sit and forget" :banghead: :whiteflag:
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:06 am

OldUsedParts wrote:Thanks I think she got lucky and there's no bruises or damage from the falls - - - however, we are headed to get ?something? to prevent her from falling out of bed any more.

Pit Boss is acting up in holding the preferred temps today so I'm having to baby sit it instead of "sit and forget" :banghead: :whiteflag:

I hope she is!

Oddly enough, our kamado-type was acting up, too. Maybe it's settled now…. :dont:
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:48 am

When the Pit Boss does this, the BIGGEST HEADACHE is having to Baby Sit it - - - - :angryfire:

I've done some tweeking and it's a little better now and almost time to wrap and raise temps anyhow. :tup:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:30 am

Going into Step "2" for 2 hrs - - - :tup:
IMG_0020.JPG

IMG_0021.JPG

IMG_0022.JPG

IMG_0023.JPG

IMG_0025.JPG

IMG_0026.JPG

IMG_0027.JPG
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:00 am

The "other side" is not a ?maybe? any longer. It is now a SIDE with the Beans. :tup: :chef: :cheers:
We found this Salad at HEB and fell in love with it but we also found out that a lot of others LOVE IT TOO. :laughing7:
I like to put all of the sweet wine vinegarette dressing on it but Sherry just prefers half of it sooooooooo today we go with Half unless I opt to put more on my individual serving.

BTW, she got up awhile ago and said that she felt like she had scored the last touchdown in the super bowl against the Fearsome Foursome - - - - every bone and joint in her body is aching so she probably will get Dinner in Bed later. :rose:

IMG_0028.JPG

IMG_0029.JPG

IMG_0030.JPG
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:37 pm

Last Step for 1 hour basting and finished grilling - - - Pit Boss gave me some trouble but they still turned out delicious.
IMG_0032.JPG

IMG_0033.JPG

IMG_0034.JPG

IMG_0035.JPG

IMG_0036.JPG
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:39 pm

Sorry about the LOOOOONG Post and TWWWWWOOOOO many pics but at my age - - it's normal :salut: :whiteflag: :deadhorse: :texas:
professor bunky USER_AVATAR
Professor Bunky
Outlaw

Postby Professor Bunky » Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:15 pm

Looks Great, OUP! :cheers: :chef:

Sorry to hear about Sherry’s fall. Hopefully she’s OK and it won’t happen again.

As SK said, we were also smoking some ribs today (and trying out 3-2-1, though it wound up 3-1-1). My Kamado was giving me a hard time holding lower temps, so I was also doing alot of “baby sitting.” But it all came out well in the end :D . We’ll post some pics later.

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”