New "Q" for MOI

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

New "Q" for MOI

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:02 am

Picked up some Pork Belly for Burnt Ends and Asparagus for grilling - - BOTH of which I am not familiar with grilling.
Probably just add some sweet corn to finish the plate but not just sure yet???
Hope to do these Thursday after the Wife's Doc appt - - - so pics to come later.
IMG_0011.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: New "Q" for MOI

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:37 am

Welps, it looks like Thursday Morning is a GO with the "Q" so in the Frig they go for defrosting.
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:04 pm

They’re tasty. Probably some better Advisors here than I but I would not Apply the sweet coating until they had cooked well and you had let the temp in the pit get under 250 to prevent the sugar in whatever coating you use from burning
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:11 pm

Thanks for that suggestion - - - - the ONLY time I have ever tried them, I had that happen so I'm gonna remove what sprinkles that they have and get the smoke part applied first. I may pre-soak them in Honey Mustard for the glue but I'm not sure yet - - - Malcolm has a great Video on this so I"ll probably follow it. All in all this will involve Suckle Busters Sugar Daddy, Butter, Honey and probably their Peach Sauce for the Glaze?????????? :tup:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:34 am

Managed to start around 7:15am and things are going well. After having some problems with my last "PELLET COOK", I concentrated on my START and then the P # and Temp settings. As of now it's been on for about 2.5 hrs and I'm liking what I see.
The Sides are read to go on when the Burnt Ends go in for their final step. The aroma is awesome and it's hard not to 'sample' :roll: :dont: :laughing7:

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

IMG_0009.JPG
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:41 pm

Yum Yum, it turned out great, except for the Asparagus being a little stringy but that was probably because of how thin they were. Next time I"ll look for fatter/meatier sprouts - - - "they still got eaten" you just had to bite small pieces and chew real good the taste was perfect with EVOO and Suckle Busters SPG. Thanks to Rambo, I didn't burn the burnt ends :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

IMG_0010.JPG

IMG_0011.JPG

IMG_0012.JPG

IMG_0014.JPG

IMG_0015.JPG
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:43 pm

Let us know
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:42 pm

SEE ABOVE

OldUsedParts wrote:Yum Yum, it turned out great, except for the Asparagus being a little stringy but that was probably because of how thin they were. Next time I"ll look for fatter/meatier sprouts - - - "they still got eaten" you just had to bite small pieces and chew real good the taste was perfect with EVOO and Suckle Busters SPG. Thanks to Rambo, I didn't burn the burnt ends :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:47 pm

Thanks, also to jmh for turning me onto the Asparagus Sprouts -- - - can't wait for Okra to show up on the Shelves :evilnana: :coolnana: :fiestanana:
smoking piney USER_AVATAR
Smoking Piney
Outlaw

Postby Smoking Piney » Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:24 pm

Awesome burnt ends, OUP! :cheers: :chef:

I have pork belly burnt ends on regular rotation here.....love 'em!

I'm with you on the thin asparagus. My wife loves it, but I prefer thicker - not as stringy.
John - Hopelessly addicted to smoking and grilling. :D
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:46 pm

Thanks, John, I think I'll put them in my rotation also - - - maybe divide between pork belly and brisket ?
smoking piney USER_AVATAR
Smoking Piney
Outlaw

Postby Smoking Piney » Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:26 pm

Belly is great, but not something you want to eat often. It's been over a year since I smoked a brisket. I think I'll do that once the dust settles on my house re-model.
John - Hopelessly addicted to smoking and grilling. :D
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:24 pm

:tup: :salut:
captjack USER_AVATAR
CaptJack
Outlaw

Postby CaptJack » Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:13 pm

OUTSTANDING!!
Attachments
_flames_s.jpg
_flames_s.jpg (21.31 KiB) Viewed 1086 times
22"OldSmokey • 2-burner gasser with GrillGrates
copasspupil USER_AVATAR
Copasspupil