Bacon and Briquettes cept'n Corn

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

The Pocono Ring Shop
Cowboy

Re: Bacon and Briquettes cept'n Corn

Postby The Pocono Ring Shop » Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:15 am

Sailor,

Unfortunately the amount of shrimpers out there that are packing it in is getting larger.
I won't get political here but there are reasons for this. A lot can't afford the fuel increases for their fishing boats and the ones that do know they will have to hand that cost off to the end buyer.
Last year up in Maine we were talking with a local family owner that we know that sells fresh seafood right off the boat named ( Off The Boat Lobsters ) and they had Steamer Clams at ONE DOLLAR each...
Usually, you could get 2 dozen for about 9 bucks, last year it would cost 24$ for the same thing.
This season they weren't as expensive but you have to remember you are getting Steamers, not the usual clam that everyone sells, Shrimp, Crabs and Lobster in the freshest way possible.

If you and PB ever want to take a day trip Next Season ( They are closed now ) I believe it's about a 4 hour drive for you, let me know and i can give you the rundown on where to get the freshest cold water seafood in that area. I'll also send you to one of the nicest beaches and towns in that area.
Off The Boat Lobster will also cook your Lobster for you right there in salt water for 4 $.
Nothing better, I guarantee it.

Sent from my SM-A135U using Tapatalk
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:11 am

The Pocono Ring Shop wrote:Sailor,

Unfortunately the amount of shrimpers out there that are packing it in is getting larger.
I won't get political here but there are reasons for this. A lot can't afford the fuel increases for their fishing boats and the ones that do know they will have to hand that cost off to the end buyer.
Last year up in Maine we were talking with a local family owner that we know that sells fresh seafood right off the boat named ( Off The Boat Lobsters ) and they had Steamer Clams at ONE DOLLAR each...
Usually, you could get 2 dozen for about 9 bucks, last year it would cost 24$ for the same thing.
This season they weren't as expensive but you have to remember you are getting Steamers, not the usual clam that everyone sells, Shrimp, Crabs and Lobster in the freshest way possible.

If you and PB ever want to take a day trip Next Season ( They are closed now ) I believe it's about a 4 hour drive for you, let me know and i can give you the rundown on where to get the freshest cold water seafood in that area. I'll also send you to one of the nicest beaches and towns in that area.
Off The Boat Lobster will also cook your Lobster for you right there in salt water for 4 $.

Thanks, Poco. Sounds fantastic and I always wanted to travel to Maine.

A couple of years ago we bought some frozen salmon with a huge USA logo on the front of the box. In teeny letters on the back, it read Processed in China. It was so odd we looked it up. Fish caught in Alaska, sent to China for de-boning. It's still a puzzle.
Moink!
The Pocono Ring Shop
Cowboy

Postby The Pocono Ring Shop » Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:25 pm

Sailor Kenshin wrote:
The Pocono Ring Shop wrote:Sailor,

Thanks, Poco. Sounds fantastic and I always wanted to travel to Maine.

A couple of years ago we bought some frozen salmon with a huge USA logo on the front of the box. In teeny letters on the back, it read Processed in China. It was so odd we looked it up. Fish caught in Alaska, sent to China for de-boning. It's still a puzzle.
It's all about pinching the Benjamin's unfortunately.

As for Maine, we've been known to make random sporadic day trips so let me know :)

bowhnter USER_AVATAR
bowhnter
Chuck Wagon

Postby bowhnter » Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:42 pm

I like seein that cheese melted over the the shrimp. Very nice!
Mike

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber 26”, 22”, and Jumbo Joe
Weber Genesis
Ooni Pro Pizza oven
Blackstone 22 and 36
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:25 am

thanks - - when you finish them and then dip them in the Garlic Butter Sauce, you get a 4 layer taste experience that is very very good - - shrimp/bacon/monterey jack/garlic butter - - - Yum Yum :cheers:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”