Dueling Rib Roasts

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

The Pocono Ring Shop
Cowboy

Dueling Rib Roasts

Postby The Pocono Ring Shop » Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:33 pm

Every Christmas, my brother is known to spend the day driving all over Jersey and then up here to P.a making his Christmas Gift deliveries. He gifts about 15 families a Standing Rib Roast, usually a Prime cut.
Once again, we have a Prime Rib Roast that needs to be cooked while it is fresh as I'm not a fan of freezing any meat before I cook it.
Coincidently, Deb found the same on sale up here for 4$ a lb so she picked a small one up so tonight I ended up cooking both.
The smaller one in the Nu Wave that Sailor & PB snagged for me a few years ago. This thing never disappoints and once again made a really good Rib Roast.
The larger one is still on the Akorn being smoked with Hickory after being injected with Tony Chacheres Roasted Garlic & Herb. Placed some Rosemary & Thyme branches on top and used an I.P.A Beer rub which sampled great.
Plated the small one with a few easy sides, a little Horseradish and dinner was served.
The larger Rib Roast will be Sliced super thin and vacuum packed for Tacos & Sliders down the road.

Hope you like the pics.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-A135U using Tapatalk
Last edited by The Pocono Ring Shop on Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Pocono Ring Shop
Cowboy

Re: Dueling Rib Roasts

Postby The Pocono Ring Shop » Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:37 pm

A few moreImageImageImageImageImageImage

The Pocono Ring Shop
Cowboy

Postby The Pocono Ring Shop » Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:41 pm

Almost done...a few moreImageImageImageImageImageImage

The Pocono Ring Shop
Cowboy

Postby The Pocono Ring Shop » Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:42 pm

Last set for this oneImageImageImageImageImageImage

grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:50 pm

You are just incredible. Now cook a meatball sub and post the pictures because I love a good one.
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:07 pm

Rock’n :chef:
The Pocono Ring Shop
Cowboy

Postby The Pocono Ring Shop » Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:30 pm

GRailsback wrote:You are just incredible. Now cook a meatball sub and post the pictures because I love a good one.
I get lucky alot. I'll definitely do a Meatball Sammich but it'll Have to be a Meatball Parm. One our favorite comfort foods, I like to use Ciabatta bread instead of Italian Bread. We make our own Marinara too. Now you have me wanting one .

Last edited by The Pocono Ring Shop on Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Pocono Ring Shop
Cowboy

Postby The Pocono Ring Shop » Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:35 pm

Rambo wrote:Rock’n :chef:
Thanks Man .
This one was good but after pulling the one off of the Akorn just now, I definitely like the end result better being smoked over Lump.
This one smells wayyyyy better with the addition of the Herbs.
Gonna cut it once between the 2 bones once it rests for about 30 minutes then I'll wrap it for the night in the fridge until I can get to slicing it tomorrow for the freezer.

I should have the finished pics of this one up tonight. I pulled this one at 130 and I think it will be perfect once cut.
I overcooked the first one, I pulled it at 140 unfortunately.

The Pocono Ring Shop
Cowboy

Postby The Pocono Ring Shop » Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:08 pm

Yup, as I expected, the Akorn smoked Rib Roast rose to the occasion once again. Pulled at 130 and rested 30 minutes. Cut between the bones and now it goes in the fridge till tomorrow when it will be Sliced up and vacuum packed. ImageImageImageImageImage

The Pocono Ring Shop
Cowboy

Postby The Pocono Ring Shop » Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:10 pm

Last few..ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

mike243
Wrangler

Postby mike243 » Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:25 am

Looks great, roasted a 10+ and smoked a 6+ on the kettle , hickory for the win lol. your looks better than mine, spg is all I was allowed on the roasted, sb1836 on the smoked
PB AustinLX, Weber Performer, Weber E310 , 250g trailer pit , 36" cowboy grill, bunch of other ways to burn food.
bowhnter USER_AVATAR
bowhnter
Chuck Wagon

Postby bowhnter » Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:44 am

Man, those look great, and that second one is gonna make for some good sandwiches.
Mike

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber 26”, 22”, and Jumbo Joe
Weber Genesis
Ooni Pro Pizza oven
Blackstone 22 and 36
The Pocono Ring Shop
Cowboy

Postby The Pocono Ring Shop » Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:20 am

mike243 wrote:Looks great, roasted a 10+ and smoked a 6+ on the kettle , hickory for the win lol. your looks better than mine, spg is all I was allowed on the roasted, sb1836 on the smoked
Thanks man, I'm sure yours was just as good if not better. Anyone with a Kettle always cooks up some great meals. Still haven't purchased one yet but I've always wanted a large one, I think that is the 22" maybe ? I was gifted a small Smokey Joe years ago from a grab bag at my old job and I love it.
Sucklebusters S.P.G is probably my favorite in the line up and I forgot that I gave the remainder of the bottle to my brother. I would have used that on the Rib Roast until I realized it was in another state so I resorted to my actual Prime Rib Roast rub from my local butcher which is excellent but only had a small amount. So, I ran to Shop Rite and they were wiped out of seasonings from Christmas so I decided to try this I.P.A Beer rub which tests great for taste. Haven't had the 1836 but I'm told it's Great like the rest of the SB line up.

The Pocono Ring Shop
Cowboy

Postby The Pocono Ring Shop » Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:24 am

bowhnter wrote:Man, those look great, and that second one is gonna make for some good sandwiches.
Thanks bowhntr,

I'm hoping I can get the second one cold enough but not frozen so I can get some nice thin cuts without shredding it. Unfortunately, I haven't pulled the trigger yet on a Hobart slicer that I've been eyeing up so all of my cuts are done by hand for now.

I'm looking forward to some nice cold sammiches.

sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:41 am

I'm thinking there is no way you could possibly top that. But I'm also thinking you will! :salut: :cheers: :chef:
Moink!

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”