TBBQF THROWDOWN SERIES - SEAFOOD CHALLENGE

Bring it on! This is our online version of BBQ contests.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: TBBQF THROWDOWN SERIES - SEAFOOD CHALLENGE

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:23 pm

:wav:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
Killer Barbeque
Pilgrim

Postby Killer Barbeque » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:35 pm

I will throw in a new $150 bass fishing rod to the overall winner. And maybe some brisket off my new smokers.
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:46 am

Killer Barbeque wrote:I will throw in a new $150 bass fishing rod to the overall winner. And maybe some brisket off my new smokers.

Dang, this is getting rich
cliffcarter USER_AVATAR
CliffCarter
Cowboy

Postby CliffCarter » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:34 am

In case you missed it, Maine had a big snowstorm Thursday night thru Friday. We've been without power since 9pm Thursday night and may not get it back until tomorrow. That, along with the Corona virus limitations, means that I will not be able to compete in this round. Good luck to everyone that enters.
pitrust USER_AVATAR
PitRust
Pilgrim

Postby PitRust » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:14 pm

I'll put something together, haven't been on in a while but the extension will give me some time to come up with something to try and compete with that nutria.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:27 pm

PitRust wrote:I'll put something together, haven't been on in a while but the extension will give me some time to come up with something to try and compete with that nutria.

Racoons are good swimmers also, even in Brackish Water :tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:35 pm

CliffCarter wrote:In case you missed it, Maine had a big snowstorm Thursday night thru Friday. We've been without power since 9pm Thursday night and may not get it back until tomorrow. That, along with the Corona virus limitations, means that I will not be able to compete in this round. Good luck to everyone that enters.

Cliff, the deadline has been extended to the end of the month. With all that seafood you have in your back yard you should be in the running in this category.
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:36 pm

PitRust wrote:I'll put something together, haven't been on in a while but the extension will give me some time to come up with something to try and compete with that nutria.

That Rambo is hard to compete with. I wish I had been around when we were younger, I would have had a field day with his leftover old girlfriends.
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:38 pm

GRailsback wrote:

That Rambo is hard to compete with. I wish I had been around when we were younger, I would have had a field day with his leftover old girlfriends.

We might be In Huntsville
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:22 pm

And I presume you are insinuating that we wouldn’t be There visiting the Walker County Fair?
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:29 pm

CliffCarter wrote:In case you missed it, Maine had a big snowstorm Thursday night thru Friday. We've been without power since 9pm Thursday night and may not get it back until tomorrow. That, along with the Corona virus limitations, means that I will not be able to compete in this round. Good luck to everyone that enters.

Y’all stay safe and we will be praying for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:38 pm

GRailsback wrote:And I presume you are insinuating that we wouldn’t be There visiting the Walker County Fair?

Correct
cliffcarter USER_AVATAR
CliffCarter
Cowboy

Postby CliffCarter » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:59 pm

GRailsback wrote:

Cliff, the deadline has been extended to the end of the month. With all that seafood you have in your back yard you should be in the running in this category.

Heck, I'm back in then. Finding time to cook was the problem, with the storm and Easter taking up our time and resources. Power is on since 5pm today.
Crazy as it sounds grocery stores aren't selling fresh fish and lobster in Maine. You've got to go to the coast and buy directly from the fishermen.
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:02 pm

You should do well
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:44 pm

Just a bump reminder; our gracious Throwdown Host has extended phase one ( of 4) to 4-26-20. The prize pool for the overall Winner is the best I've ever seen. Times are tough but if you have the want to and time, please get your entries in.

Good Luck to all

Return to “TBBQF Throw Downs”