BluDawgs UDS Brisket(method,recipe)

Brisket, steaks, roasts, ground beef or any beef recipes.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

Pchuck1
Pilgrim

Re: BluDawgs UDS Brisket(method,recipe)

Postby Pchuck1 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:49 am

Got one going in uds today.
Okie Sawbones
Outlaw

Postby Okie Sawbones » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:27 am

It ought to be good if you took BluDawgs advice. Well, maybe... :laughing7:
KCBS - CBJ
PNWBA - CBJ
Jambo Clone, Primo Oval XL, Blaz'n Grills Pellet Stove, Weber 22.5", Lynx SS Grill, The Big Easy
VFW - Life, DAV - Life
BigAl's BBQ
Rustler

Postby BigAl's BBQ » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:55 am

Thanks for the recipe's, looks great. I have a homemade grill.
Attachments
tn_Repeats 054.JPG
Dry rub & "Texas Crunch" method believer!
GeraldoSteffy
Pilgrim

Postby GeraldoSteffy » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:09 am

Lift Gate Gus wrote:My mouth is drooling like crazy!! I am going to try this out for myself. If I dont fish both days this weekend I am going to give this a whirl.

This is what exactly i am thinking now....lets try this asap
kype138
Pilgrim

Postby kype138 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:15 pm

Greetings from Michigan - love this thread!
Just dropping you all a line with one question regarding Bludawgs recipe.
When you pull the brisket and put it in a foil pan, do you leave it uncovered or cover with foil?
Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks and tight lines!
Raider18
Cowboy

Postby Raider18 » Mon May 18, 2020 6:33 pm

This post kicked off my obsession with cooking bbq nearly a decade ago. I decided to make a video! If not allowed please remove. Thanks BluDawg.

BluDawg Brisket | A Beginner's Guide to Smoking Brisket

https://youtu.be/r-QEP7LtQFk
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Mon May 18, 2020 6:44 pm

Wow, that’s a throwback. Haven’t thought of BluDawg in quite some time.

BTW - y’all need to follow Bowers on YouTube if you aren’t already. Good videos, great guy and his daughter is a real life superhero!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DrunkRich
Pilgrim

Postby DrunkRich » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:42 pm

First off,I would like to thank you for posting this years back. My buddy got into smoking using a UDS. When it comes to brisket this is his go to. I do not have a UDS. I went from using a stack smoker to buying my other buddies pit boss pellet smoker. I have only made four briskets in my lifetime. Not including the few times I helped my one buddy with the bluedawg method. My other Buddy and his friends do a friendly brisket competition once a year. I bought prime grade brisket at Sam’s Club at a bargain. $4.52 a pound. Everywhere else that I called was trying to charge me $10-$12 per pound. Only one other place had it at less than that and it was 699 a pound. I trimmed it. Used the recipe part of this post. I used salt pepper and oregano. Wrapped it overnight. I made the bovine nectar the night before and let it infuse overnight. Judging was last Saturday at 3 PM. At 7:50 PM Friday evening I started my cook fat Down on a very low temp. Temp was anywhere from 185 to 200 for the first four hours. I then ramped the temperature up to 225 - 250°. Then I flipped it and let it cook fat cap up for the remainder of the cook. Sprayed the non-fat cap side every hour with a 50-50 mix of cheap beer and apple cider vinegar. I wanted it to look a certain way before I wrapped it. Also wanted to use wagyu tallow in the wrap. Unfortunately, I did not get that look until a little too late. I was afraid that if I wrapped it that I would have a mini stall after the stall. Instead I cranked up the temperature to 275-300 at 12 pm Saturday. Finished my cook unwrapped by 1 PM. With a finished internal temp of 203°. I also used wagyu tallow and drizzled it over the brisket for that final hour of cook time. When I pulled the brisket out I gave it one last drizzle of the tallow and loosely wrapped it with butcher paper and let it rest for two hours. The internal temp dropped two 178.5°. Sliced it up and served it on a bed of lettuce to the judges. Almost had a roast beef flavor/tenderness. Felt perfect to me. Pull test was on point. I knocked out the five-year consecutive brisket champ. I have never made anything that felt so perfect and taste so wonderful. Thanks again for being a part of my education in brisket smoking and also for having a delicious recipe. This will also be my go to.

P.s. I drank beer and did shots the entire time. No one thought I would be taking it down. Once again drunk rich living up to his name. As the wise Jim Lahey once said, “let the liquor do the thinking“
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:59 pm

We miss BluDawg, he went missing from the Forum many moons ago but his wisdoms for a UDS certainly live on here, he was one of the premier Drummers ever, and definitely a character. We wish him well wherever he is.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
1MoreFord
Wrangler

Postby 1MoreFord » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:06 pm

Boots wrote:We miss BluDawg, he went missing from the Forum many moons ago but his wisdoms for a UDS certainly live on here, he was one of the premier Drummers ever, and definitely a character. We wish him well wherever he is.

While no first hand knowledge I heard he got tired of retirement and went back to OTR driving.
Joe

Return to “Beef Recipes”