Best and most tender Beef Soup/Stew Meat ?

Brisket, steaks, roasts, ground beef or any beef recipes.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Best and most tender Beef Soup/Stew Meat ?

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:26 pm

Hey Y'all, I need some ideas of what kind of meat to get to make some Beef Soup with. I know that Center Cut Tenderloins are good but is there any other cuts that aren't as pricey. :?:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Re: Best and most tender Beef Soup/Stew Meat ?

Postby Rambo » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:37 pm

We grew up going to the store and buying Stew Meat; I never dissected it :dont:
phillymike
Cowboy

Postby phillymike » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:01 pm

Maybe a black angus stew meat.
We dredge ours in flour and then brown in a pan little. Don’t want to cook it all the way “maybe half way” and throw it into your pot and let it cook the rest of the way in your stew. The flour will make a mess of your pan but will thicken the stew up a little at the same time. Also put a little oil in the pan when browning. When done browning add a little water or beef stock to the pan and deglaze the scraps and flour. Dump it in your pot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:12 pm

thanks, Gents, I"ve also bought stew meat in the pkg AND I always "flour and brown" my meat in the skillet before putting it in the pot - - - I'm seriously thinking of maybe a Chuck Roast cut into small pieces and browned???????????????????????
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
decherdt
Pilgrim

Postby decherdt » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:55 am

After browning "stew meat" , we deglaze with a broth and pressure cook for 12-15 minutes, then add the rest and go another 12-15 min. Its noticeably less chewy.
Highland w/2 smoke stacks
Camp Chef DLX 24
18" WSM
phillymike
Cowboy

Postby phillymike » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:31 am

OldUsedParts wrote:thanks, Gents, I"ve also bought stew meat in the pkg AND I always "flour and brown" my meat in the skillet before putting it in the pot - - - I'm seriously thinking of maybe a Chuck Roast cut into small pieces and browned???????????????????????

I guess a chuck would work, why not?

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:34 am

Thanks, :tup: If they have any $pecials on Wagyu or Center Cut Grass Feds at HEB, I may just bite the bullet :dont:
strength_and_pow
Cowboy

Postby strength_and_pow » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:30 pm

I’ve always used chuck roasts for my stew. A pressure cooker will make it fall apart tender.
Last stew I made, I smoked the roast for 2-3 hours then into the pressure cooker with the usual vegetable suspects. Lots of smoke flavor came through.

norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:50 pm

Don't know what kind out stew/soup you're going to make but usually chuck is a great option. Dice in 1.5" x 1.5". Brown in pan before throwing it in the pot together with the rest of veggies. Put the pot in the oven for 4 hours at 250 f.

Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:00 pm

Picked up 2 Chuck Roasts at HEB today and the Wiffy says "Soup Tomorrow" so I'll be slice'n and dice'n most of the morning.
Thanks for all the suggestions, Y'all :tup: :cheers: :chef: :salut:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:03 pm

Fixed a big pot of Beef Soup this morning with one of the 3# Chuck Roasts and it came out delicious. The meat was tender and tasty. Also made a C.I.Skillet of Martha White's Sweet Yeller Cornbread to eat with it. YUM YUM YUM
PA140067.JPG

PA140066.JPG

PA140064.JPG

PA140065.JPG
timothy_w USER_AVATAR
Timothy_W
Pilgrim

Postby Timothy_W » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:17 am

I prefer the scapula or peritoneum for teshunia. They are stitched, but while the meat is stewing, the veins become softer and give a rich taste. You won't get such a rich taste from a tenderloin.
hj USER_AVATAR
Hj
Bandolero

Postby Hj » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:35 am

Any beef roasts or beef is good in soup with using a beef bones. AS LONG AS the meat is NOT TO FATTY; why not to fatty; cause more grease to (coagualte grease ñ throw away after boiling it ñ it always becomes tender) and you "waste money" with too much fat.

YES, THE fat gives flavor. AFTER I have boiled the meat to either ¾ way tender or completely tender I Coagulate the grease ñ throw it out out ñ continue with the soup of choice.

MAKE vegetable beef soup
Beef chunks
onion
lots cabbage
1)15 oz. tomatoes ñ juice can add more tomato juice with water from the beef boiling n more water as it cooks
1 small can baby limas a must ñ drain rinse
cubed potatoes *
carrots
ñ in a 6 qt pot about ½ cup regular pearl barley salt ñ pepper to taste at the last.

Note~* can replace the potatoes in a hurry with 2 cans of Veg All rinsed ñ drain well but still add the lime a must as is the barley ñ not instant barley.

BEEF soups of beans ñ make soups spicy with either chop jalapeño or Rotella tomatoes.

Italian soup with beef make with adding some pasta ñ Italian seasoning - little basil ñ etc.
A mistake is sometimes a great creation

Return to “Beef Recipes”