Pulled Pork ?Recipe?

Ribs, butts, chops, any pork recipes.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Pulled Pork ?Recipe?

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue May 17, 2022 1:50 pm

Took the frozen leftovers of some Pulled Pork that my neighbor's wife had bought down last month for Lunch today.
Definitely wanted to fix some Enchiladas and got "sneaky" with some Pineapple Salsa and Monterey Jack on some Guerreo Corn Torts.
Turned out great and also brought back some good memories of Chili Farmer.
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Re: Pulled Pork ?Recipe?

Postby Rambo » Tue May 17, 2022 3:04 pm

:salut:
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Tue May 17, 2022 3:12 pm

Just a side note; no hijack intended; I inject my pork butts the night before smoking with lightly salted Pineapple Juice; we like them. I drop the meat into one of those giant ziplock bags and put back in fridge
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue May 17, 2022 4:51 pm

Rambo wrote:Just a side note; no hijack intended; I inject my pork butts the night before smoking with lightly salted Pineapple Juice; we like them. I drop the meat into one of those giant ziplock bags and put back in fridge

I'm thinking about doing that to some "thick cut" Pork Chops the next time I stuff them :scratch: :dont:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Tue May 17, 2022 5:41 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:
Rambo wrote:Just a side note; no hijack intended; I inject my pork butts the night before smoking with lightly salted Pineapple Juice; we like them. I drop the meat into one of those giant ziplock bags and put back in fridge

I'm thinking about doing that to some "thick cut" Pork Chops the next time I stuff them :scratch: :dont:

I’ve never stuffed a pork chop so I’m no help
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue May 17, 2022 6:42 pm

I got it from Chef Paul Prudhome several years ago from his TV Show. :chef: :cheers:
hj USER_AVATAR
Hj
Bandolero

Postby Hj » Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:44 am

Different ways you all might want to do on grilling or smoking

Pork 1
1 Tablespoon oregano dried
1½ tsp. cumin powder
2 tsps. sage dried optinal or just a little
8 to 10 garlic cloves mince fresh
1/2 c. sour orange or fresh 
1/4 c. olive oil
ancho or black pepper to taste
salt to taste
14 to 5 lbs. pork roast center cut bone in

Preheat oven 400ºF. OR GRILL or smoke as U usually do

Mix together all ingredients for the rub.

Pierce meat with a sharp knife 3 or 4 times. Season meat with the rub - make sure some of it goes inside the slits.
Place meat on a baking dish - cover loosely with foil.
Roast about 15 minutes - immediately after lower heat to 375ºF.
GRILL or smoke as you usally do or roast in oven about 1½ hours.
Remove foil ñ put under the broiler 3 to 5 minutes if roasting only.

Take roast out of oven - let it rest  about 10 minutes before  or (off grill or smoker tented

Pork 2~
~STUFFED Pork Chops 2 to 2½" thick bone in or out UR preference

Slice a deep pocket in chops - brush inside ñ out with a little oil - seasoning outside only ñ lightly with kosher salt - pepper - touch of garlic ñ touch of cumin powder - fill with stuffing

Sruffing mix
SMALL bowl  add ñ mix together~ roasted green chile's or jalapeño cut up with no seeds - bacon slices cooked ñ broken up or crumble  - cheese  shredded with gouda cheese or cheese of choice  (I love the Boars Head smoked cheddar cheese - add ½ tsp. cumin powder a touch of kosher salt - garlic ñ onion granular - mix well - stuff those babies. Close with tooth picks.
Place on grill ñ smoke or grill as usual
I haven't done smoked but in oven ñ on grill
On grill lightly oil grates~ medium heat
Grill each about 8 to 9 minutes per side. DO NOT OVER COOK!  REMEMBER  that  they still cooking while they are resting ñ tented.  Can use temp gage also for internal testing.  Of course  U all know - cooking time depends on thickness of the chops ñ bone in or bone out.

Roasting @ 400⁰F. about 15  to 20 minutes  ñ I brown outside B4 stuffing

Can make extra stuffing placed of foil.

Note ~ I heat all stuffing mix "except"  the shredded cheese B4 stuffing chops.  Heat  chiles - bacon - cumin ñ salt  first ñ mix in cheese quickly ñ stuff chops ...this makes sure the filling is nice n hot inside ñ cheese melts better B4 taking off grill.

Variations of stuffing ~
Sometimes - I used to add mozzarella cheese on top at the very last minute.
Get creative.

You can stuff with rinsed well sauerkraut - cut apples - little cooked barley - onion - celery -  salt - pepper ñ garlic  cooked ñ stuff chops..so good

Or spinach with diced onion - garlic - salt - pepper - cooked  crumbled baconed ñ Swiss cheese or  cheese of choice.

Add  Mac ñ cheese  or philly creamed cheese with chives - garlic ñ onion granular- salt ñ pepper  or just stuffing like stuffing a chicken or turkey or mashed taters hash browns or cranberries  ñ mapple syrup mixed.
A mistake is sometimes a great creation
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:47 am

:tup: :tup: :tup: :salut:
bowhnter USER_AVATAR
bowhnter
Chuck Wagon

Postby bowhnter » Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:52 am

I have a half pork loin in the freezer. Sounds like stuffing it would be great.
Mike

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber 26”, 22”, and Jumbo Joe
Weber Genesis
Ooni Pro Pizza oven
Blackstone 22 and 36

Return to “Pork Recipes”