LOBSTERS HAVE RIGHTS II: The Semi Famous “Stone” Lobster

Fish, shrimp, lobster, crabs, scallops, and any other type of seafood.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

LOBSTERS HAVE RIGHTS II: The Semi Famous “Stone” Lobster

Postby Boots » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:58 am

Lobsters can get stoned buts it’s illegal it turns out... Amazing the amount of sheer nuttiness out there.

https://people.com/food/lobster-marijua ... epartment/

Not much of a People mag reader but they did hook a good fish story here.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Re: LOBSTERS HAVE RIGHTS II: The Semi Famous “Stone” Lobster

Postby bsooner75 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:20 am

LoL…sounds like an excuse for the employees to puff puff and blow in ol’ pinchers face :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:24 am

bsooner75 wrote:LoL…sounds like an excuse for the employees to puff puff and blow in ol’ pinchers face :)

Garoonteed to amplify the "munchies", as for who? that still need to be worked out :drunk:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

Postby Williep » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:26 am

Stoned-States-Maine.jpg
rms827 USER_AVATAR
rms827
Bandolero

Postby rms827 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:28 pm

You would not believe the marijuana situation out here since it was fully legalized. Can't drive down the street without smelling it coming from other cars (just for starters). Personally, I don't care what folks do in the privacy of their own home. Just don't expose me to it in public, and fer cryin' out loud keep yer stoned butt off the road.

The lobster thing is just another excuse for the pro-weed crowd to push their agenda though. Food Network showed years ago how you can stab a lobster in the head with a hat pin to kill it before it goes in the kettle. You don't need the pot to boil a lobster. :P
Rec Tec 680
Weber 22" Premium Kettle Grill in Green

"Nobody Beats Me in the Kitchen" - Casey Ryback (Steven Seagal - Under Siege 2)
Life's Too Short for Bad BBQ.
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:00 pm

I freeze them live, apparently it's humane?

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:34 am

Russ wrote:I freeze them live, apparently it's humane? Russ

Don't know about Humane, Pard, but it's really COOL 8) :tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:39 am

8 more Lobsters and dozens more Whole Bellied Fried Clams ( we don't do just " strips " ) just went in the bellies of some of my family members that are in Kittery/York Beach Maine as we speak.
Pics courtesy of my bro. At the Harbour and thier view from the rental house.
Unfortunately, this is the 4th year in a row that we can't swing that trip so were stuck here in the Poconos.
I may need to hunt down some of those little suckers and make our own Fried Clams :)

https://www.bobsclamhut.com/

IMG95201809239506525721595HDR.jpeg
IMG952018092395065306701.jpeg
IMG95201809239511451826795HDR.jpeg
IMG952018092295155153575.jpeg

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
GTR
Bandolero

Postby GTR » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:23 pm

OK officially jealous. Wife and I both love Maine. Have only been there a couple times but a couple of the best vacations we've every done. Portland, Camden, Kittery and Bangor all have a certain charm. Bangor was by far our favorite. We're pretty good at finding the best watering holes in town and met several folks in downtown Bangor that were a pleasure to visit with. Reminded me of Texas somewhat, everyone there was friendly with an undeniable pride in their home state.
"The days I keep my expectations low and my gratitude high, I have really good days."
Ray Wylie Hubbard
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:39 pm

GTR wrote:OK officially jealous. Wife and I both love Maine. Have only been there a couple times but a couple of the best vacations we've every done. Portland, Camden, Kittery and Bangor all have a certain charm. Bangor was by far our favorite. We're pretty good at finding the best watering holes in town and met several folks in downtown Bangor that were a pleasure to visit with. Reminded me of Texas somewhat, everyone there was friendly with an undeniable pride in their home state.
Been going to York Beach for almost 40 years. I'm glad you can relate to the beauty of the Maine Coastline. Since you've been to Kittery, have you hit Bobs Clam Hut by chance ?
If not, next time ur up in the Blueberry State, drop in there for stellar Whole Belly Fried Clams. Then, visit York Beach just north of Kittery on rt 1A. You guys will love the town and shops. A must see is Cape Neddick or " The Nubble " light house and Goldenrods Salt Water Taffy.

Since u've done Maine, I'm guessing that you will agree that the " cold water " seafood is by far the best seafood, especially the Lobster and Clams there is ?
Also, from York Beach, travel north on 1 till u see the towns of Ogunquit and Wells .
Marginal Way is perfect for a small hike along the ocean with great picture shots.
Plus, lots of mom and pop stores to browse thru.
Kennebunkport is awesome too, good chance u will see the Sentinels pacing back and forth on the Bush Compound.
Nice ride for sure.

As you might notice, in partial to the Maine Coast :)

GTR
Bandolero

Postby GTR » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:49 pm

Up that way lobster is always on our menu. When we were in Kittery a couple years ago we drove back into N.H. to Port Smith? Small quaint town but downtown was hopping on a Friday night. Good food, good people and a darn good time.
"The days I keep my expectations low and my gratitude high, I have really good days."
Ray Wylie Hubbard
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:53 pm

GTR wrote:Up that way lobster is always on our menu. When we were in Kittery a couple years ago we drove back into N.H. to Port Smith? Small quaint town but downtown was hopping on a Friday night. Good food, good people and a darn good time.
Oh man, in NH please tell me you guys drove the Kancamagus Highway into Lincoln and then drove up to the Summit of Mount Washington ?

A MUST as long as you don't mind " white knuckle'in it ....

GTR
Bandolero

Postby GTR » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:33 pm

We were only there for the night, headed to Epping the next morning for NHRA on Sunday. As far as white knucklin' it, I did PCH one year at 50-60 mph. That is until the vertigo set in. Pulled off at a eatery, got myself back together then ripped it on up to Cambria. I do enjoy, let's just say, a "spirited" drive.
Ray Wylie Hubbard
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:01 pm

Lol, u won't be doing any more that 5-10 mph up Mount Washington.
Its 1 way up, 1 way down and some spots are instant death if you go off the dirt too much.
On top of that, for the folks that won't drive up, they run shuttles in 15 passenger full sized Chevy vans.
I've gone up it 6 times over the years, the last time was the first time I started coming " undone "...
My passenger side tire mark was literally 4 inches from the edge because we were on a sharp turn going up and one of the shuttles was coming down.
Buth of us had the mirrors folded and we coulda both changed the others radio station lol...
I'm not exaggerating either, I got an earful from the wifey for 20 minutes.

We took my father in law about 20 years ago. He drove behind us.
At the gate, the guard said..you can go up if you want, but the clouds are coming in and right now its only 100 ft visibility..
So after talking about it, we decided since we made the 2 hr trip from Maine we would do it. There is a place to eat and look at the history in a building up top so we went for it.The bottom was sunny and 75, the guy told is we better put the t- tops on before we started and glad I listened.
Half way up, I was only following the hazard lights from the car in front of us.
If they disappeared, we would know to STOP lol..
It was by far a bad decision. We got to the top and it started to sleet. Ran inside for maybe 20 minutes before the guide inside told is we HAD to leave because they were shutting down the road..

So, 4 days later in York, we decide to check the weather for Mount Washington and it was Sunny and 50 degrees with 300 mile visibility.

We go, and get to the top and my FIL wanted to Kill me, lol..
He said...

You mean to tell me that we were driving blind thru this ?!?!?!
Nope, he was not a happy man for a few hours lol.

We do however joke about it now.

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:35 pm

YIKES and Deja Vu - - - we had a similar thing happen going up Pikes Peak one time. There was a Dude in a Chrysler that got so scared he froze. My Grandfather was driving "our" car and he had all of us get out and had me stand in front and give him hand signals as to how much ground he had before becoming a falling object. Don't know how the old Frozen Fool got down but he wasn't there when we came down. :dont:

Return to “Fish and Seafood”