Ft. Bend County Crawfish Boil

Fish, shrimp, lobster, crabs, scallops, and any other type of seafood.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Ft. Bend County Crawfish Boil

Postby GRailsback » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:11 pm

The Ft. Bend County Fair has an annual crawfish boil at the fairgrounds every year. My buddy buys a VIP table each year. And invited myself and the Mrs this year. Its a good party, and the bugs were really good, I haven't had many this year, but these were pretty good.

IMG_4512.jpg

IMG_4513.jpg

IMG_4514.jpg

IMG_4515.jpg

IMG_4516.jpg
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Ft. Bend County Crawfish Boil

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:28 pm

"AaaaaaEeeeeeeee I'll Garoonteeee" :tup: :cheers:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:15 pm

That looks like a good time. I had my first two pounds of the season yesterday. Met some buddies at a bar and the waitress said “our Saturday special is crawfish, $4.99 lb” before she even got it out of her mouth we both replied “2 please!” :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:44 pm

Sooner, I don't eat a whole lot of it, but I do enjoy it a few times a season with plenty of cold beer. My wife eats more of it than I do. There is a bar down the street here that sells it for 2.99lb every tuesday. Then they do and all you can price on Sundays.
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:17 pm

GRailsback wrote:Sooner, I don't eat a whole lot of it, but I do enjoy it a few times a season with plenty of cold beer. My wife eats more of it than I do. There is a bar down the street here that sells it for 2.99lb every tuesday. Then they do and all you can price on Sundays.

I’d think I’d died and gone to heaven

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:07 pm

I love it when my Nephews come up from Virginia Beach and The Outer Banks.
They always bring tons of these when they come up. They eat these things like candy, they've got the 2 finger " Snap and Drink " rythem down to a science .
Last trip up they brought 20 Ten Lb bags with them along with the Biggest Old Bay And Creole Seasoning containers I've seen.

I'd love to go to one of these shindigs, we don't find these things up here.
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:46 pm

Woody, this one here is part of the County Fair deal. But its a great party. The VIP table comes with a server that brings all of your food to you, as well as the cold beer. There is a band, and a small live auction. One of the auction items this year was a VIP table to next years event. We bought it. They also have a big cookoff during the fair. But it is sold out and there is a waiting list to get into it. I believe the counselor does that cookoff.

There was also a cake in the auction, it sold for 2700.00 bucks.
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:06 pm

GRailsback wrote:Woody, this one here is part of the County Fair deal. But its a great party. The VIP table comes with a server that brings all of your food to you, as well as the cold beer. There is a band, and a small live auction. One of the auction items this year was a VIP table to next years event. We bought it. They also have a big cookoff during the fair. But it is sold out and there is a waiting list to get into it. I believe the counselor does that cookoff.

There was also a cake in the auction, it sold for 2700.00 bucks.
Sounds like a great time GRailsback!
We all need more events like this to get people out from thier cave and away from thier cell phones to just enjoy life for a while. Events like these always seem to bring out the best in people. Something about good food, drink and friends
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:20 am

I agree with woody's last statement. Wish there where things like that here too.

Sound like you had a great time and a great meal there. Greg.

Next year you should bring a bottle of aquavit. That is great with crayfish. I can send you a bottle.

Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:25 am

It's a real nice annual party they have down there Joe. But I believe I will pass on the aquavit, had enough of that in Norway to last me awhile. The band that plays at that party is also very very good. The name is Bayou Roux, really good local band.
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:32 am

I see you have many great happenings over there. Seems they work much better than here.

We have a few music festivals here during the summer with great bands. I don't go there. I enjoy a great party but when people are laying drunk to death all over it's not fun.

grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:39 am

This was a low key event, over at 10 pm. I don't mind the drinking, but the older I get the more I struggle with large crowds. And the hassel of getting in and out of the events. My buddy that has the table, is a salesman for the country radio stations here in town. He gets lots of perks, of which I often get to enjoy with him. He gets lots of free tickets to events, and his big client is the Miller Beer distributor here in town. I enjoy the free baseball games the most. But this crawfish boil is a good one to.
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:50 am

How great to have a friend like that. I agree with crowds. I have problems with folks drinking, I drink too, but when all folks around you hardly can stand on their feet and unknown people bother you with all that silly stuff, it's too much for me.

Guess this fits the stereotype of an accountant :laughing7:

Return to “Fish and Seafood”