Ricardo Nachos

Salads, slaws, veggies, chili, soup, anything you serve with a meal.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Ricardo Nachos

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:40 pm

My Buddy Ric turned me onto some Zapps "Hotter than Hot Jalapeno Chips" and I just managed to score some last week.
Well, dis ennin I decided to used them like a Corn Chip and together with some HEB "Queso Blanco con Jalapenos" and change the SOP of a small plate of Nachos. They were very tasty and I'll do this again, however, they are some what spicer than your normal Jalapeno Tater Chips you find. Might even call them "Brylcreem Nachos" 'cause a "little dab a do ya". :roll:
All the way thru the plate my palate kept waiting on the corn and not the tater flavor so it takes some adjusting but not much.

P4110002.JPG

P4110003.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
twoguysbbq USER_AVATAR
TwoGuysBBQ
Outlaw

Re: Ricardo Nachos

Postby TwoGuysBBQ » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:55 pm

:coolnana: :wav: :coolnana: I got Nachos named after me!!!!!!! 8) That’s AWESOMENESS Sir :salut:
Man those look good too, great job on those, I’m gonna have to copy this fo sure.

Ricardo “Nacho” Galindo :laughing7:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:18 pm

Beside the taste one of the things I like about the Chips is that they are NOT flimsy thin and crisp - - - they have some decent body to them like a Tortilla Chip or Frito :tup: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:45 am

9 yo granddaughter been here all week as its school holidays. My wife works at a school as well. What's for tea gang gang? ( my nick name she gave me when couldn't say granddad,) I said whatever you want. Nachos please? That's what we just had. She's very happy and said they are better than her mums,lol. Beef mince chilly beans chips and cheese with sour cream, goes to get better!!!!

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:34 am

Russ wrote:9 yo granddaughter been here all week as its school holidays. My wife works at a school as well. What's for tea gang gang? ( my nick name she gave me when couldn't say granddad,) I said whatever you want. Nachos please? That's what we just had. She's very happy and said they are better than her mums,lol. Beef mince chilly beans chips and cheese with sour cream, goes to get better!!!!
Russ

Pardnah, my Grandaughter is a grown young woman now but some of the most cherished and memorable times of my life was when I was blessed to take care of her and just "hang out together" :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I still call her "Peepie" but I'm the only one that is allowed to do so :wav:
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:46 am

Potato chip nachos?

GENIUS! :salut:
Moink!
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:56 pm

Sailor Kenshin wrote:Potato chip nachos?

Not potato chips as you know them, Doritos are what we use.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:32 am

Sailor Kenshin wrote:Potato chip nachos?

Thanks, Mam, just blind luck from a bored old man with the munchies :D :lol: :laughing7:

Russ wrote:Not potato chips as you know them, Doritos are what we use. Russ

Same here most of the time Pard, but the texture of the Hotter n Hot tater chips just got me thinking and VOILA :cheers:
grillguru USER_AVATAR
GrillGuru
Pilgrim

Postby GrillGuru » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:53 am

Ricardo Milos approves!

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Return to “Sides and Such”