Cake recipe ?

The sweet ending to a perfect meal.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

xxfubarxx
Rustler

Cake recipe ?

Postby xxfubarxx » Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:23 am

Can't remember if I got a chocolate cake recipe here or somewhere else. But the recipe called for 2 sugar....Thats all it said. Can't be cups..that is way too much. I hit this board plus one other for Q and a fishing board. Can't remember where I got the recipe from. Was a smoked cake with bourbon in it. Any idea ?
xxfubarxx
Rustler

Never mind

Postby xxfubarxx » Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:37 am

This is the recipe..was curious about how much granulated sugar..just says 2.

Moonshiners Choclate Cake:
2c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1/3 c. unsweetened baking cocoa
2. granulated sugar
1 c. vegtible oil
1 c. hot coffee ( yes coffee)
1 c. milk
2 eggs
1 tsp. bourbon
Sift dry ingredients together 2 times, Add oil, coffee and milk. Beat at med. speed for 2 minutes. Add eggs and bourbon, Beat for 2 minutes longer: batter will be thin. Pour into 2 greased AND floured 9 inch cake pans ( or 2- 8 inch pans and 6 muffins) smoke at 325 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pans, spread smoked frosting(we'll get to that) on top of cake, stack cakes and cover with remaining frosting.

Smoked Choclate frosting:
2 lbs. semisweet choclate, grated
1 pt. fresh whipping cream
6 oz. bourbon ( you'll get juiced with this cake)
put grated choclate in mixing bowl, add cream. Place in smoker and smoke using hickory,apple,oak or pecan at 185 degrees for 30 minutes, stirring at 15 minutes, for more smoke flavor add 15 minutes.
If not totally melted I put mine in a double boiler and heat to 160 degrees and whisk it until blended. Add bourbon: whisk until smooth, let it cool and beat until fluffy.
This is a great cake that I like to make for family party's. It takes some time and practice but is well worth it.[/b][/u]

Return to “Desserts”