Homemade ice cream

The sweet ending to a perfect meal.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Homemade ice cream

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:11 pm

OK, but Y'all got to remember that some of us grew up with a hand crank wooden Ice Cream freezer that had a "DASH" inside that turned/churned it during (YES I said During) the making and freezing. HERE COMES THE IMPORTANT PART - - - which ever kid helped the most which meant keeping water hole free and flowing, adding crushed Ice or AND ?if grown enuff, hand cranking - - GOT TO LICK THE DASH when Mom or Granny removed it from the pot. After removing, the lid would be replaced in the freezer, the dash hole blocked with wax paper and then ice was packed in and around then covered with a blanket or something similar until the Final Product set up to the right consistency. Then it was get a bowl and line up time. :tup: :salut:
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:24 pm

Ice cream, especially homemade great stuff, fond memories of youth the big wooden bucket, the rock salt and the long extremely long time of turning a crank in anticipation...
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
rexster314 USER_AVATAR
rexster314
Rustler

Postby rexster314 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:26 am

OldUsedParts wrote:OK, but Y'all got to remember that some of us grew up with a hand crank wooden Ice Cream freezer that had a "DASH" inside that turned/churned it during (YES I said During) the making and freezing. HERE COMES THE IMPORTANT PART - - - which ever kid helped the most which meant keeping water hole free and flowing, adding crushed Ice or AND ?if grown enuff, hand cranking - - GOT TO LICK THE DASH when Mom or Granny removed it from the pot. After removing, the lid would be replaced in the freezer, the dash hole blocked with wax paper and then ice was packed in and around then covered with a blanket or something similar until the Final Product set up to the right consistency. Then it was get a bowl and line up time. :tup: :salut:
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Dasher, not dash. Since I was an only kid, I got to do everything. Grandparents had a manual crank White Mountain, my Dad had an electric from Monkey Wards
Weber EX6 Smokefire
Masterbuilt 1050 GF
Masterbuilt 560 GF
7 Foot X 20" Pipe BBQ pit with offset firebox
KitchenAid 8 burner 88,000 btu Gasser
Masterbuilt 40" Sportsman Elite gasser
2 MES 40" smokers
Vacmaster 320 Vacuum Chamber Sealer
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:33 pm

rexster314 wrote: Dasher, not dash. Since I was an only kid, I got to do everything. Grandparents had a manual crank White Mountain, my Dad had an electric from Monkey Wards

:laughing7: :lol: :D Well, Mom and Dad called it the "Dash" so that's what we call it. Besides that, everyone knows that "Dasher" is one of Santa's Reindeer. :santa: :lol: :dont:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
rexster314 USER_AVATAR
rexster314
Rustler

Postby rexster314 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:29 pm

Weber EX6 Smokefire
Masterbuilt 1050 GF
Masterbuilt 560 GF
7 Foot X 20" Pipe BBQ pit with offset firebox
KitchenAid 8 burner 88,000 btu Gasser
Masterbuilt 40" Sportsman Elite gasser
2 MES 40" smokers
Vacmaster 320 Vacuum Chamber Sealer
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:48 am

:salut:
MaryFzL
Pilgrim

Postby MaryFzL » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:00 am

I get recipes from All recipes website, there are lot of simple and well-described options
I'm about to be American, means that I need to know how to grill!

Return to “Desserts”