Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
GTR
Bandolero

Re: stay home pecan pie

Postby GTR » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:00 pm

Rambo wrote:
OldUsedParts wrote::tup: :salut: Gotta go get some Blue Bell Niller now :wav:

Here ya go

If I left right now I could be in Lufkin in less than 3 hours. Somehow I don’t see that pie or ice cream lasting that long!
"The days I keep my expectations low and my gratitude high, I have really good days."
Ray Wylie Hubbard
ʹbouttime USER_AVATAR
'BoutTime
Wrangler

Postby 'BoutTime » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:36 pm

Guess I'll be the odd man out of line with a different opinion. The filling is too soupy. It should be firmer. And it looks like every single pecan pie I have ever made!
I have tried a number of recipes, different ingredient measurements, different temperatures, even cooking the filling on the stovetop before baking it. But they still come out runny. Every single one of them. The only time I come close to getting the right consistency, the pecans come out black from overcooking.
Anyone know the secret?
I'm not trying to change the world. I'm trying to keep the world from changing ME!
Equipment:
Weber Kettle Grill (22")
Pit Boss PB700FB (New)
:texas:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:55 pm

My Mom made awesome Pecan Pie and always told us that the Flour that you put into the Filling was the Key to the Recipe.
Joke Time:
When we lived in Nix west of Lampasas, one year at the Community Center an older lady had brought a couple of her Pecan Pies. After eating a piece, I found out who she was and walked over her and introduced myself. Then I said "Mrs. Malcom, that is truly the best Pecan Pie that I have ever tasted. Would you mind giving me the recipe?" Mrs. Malcom replied "Yes" and walked away. :roll: :shock: :banghead:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
ʹbouttime USER_AVATAR
'BoutTime
Wrangler

Postby 'BoutTime » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:13 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:My Mom made awesome Pecan Pie and always told us that the Flour that you put into the Filling was the Key to the Recipe.
Joke Time:
When we lived in Nix west of Lampasas, one year at the Community Center an older lady had brought a couple of her Pecan Pies. After eating a piece, I found out who she was and walked over her and introduced myself. Then I said "Mrs. Malcom, that is truly the best Pecan Pie that I have ever tasted. Would you mind giving me the recipe?" Mrs. Malcom replied "Yes" and walked away. :roll: :shock: :banghead:

That's funny! And I will keep the flour hint in mind. Thanx!
I'm not trying to change the world. I'm trying to keep the world from changing ME!
Equipment:
Weber Kettle Grill (22")
Pit Boss PB700FB (New)
:texas:
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:43 pm

'BoutTime wrote:Guess I'll be the odd man out of line with a different opinion. The filling is too soupy. It should be firmer. And it looks like every single pecan pie I have ever made!
I have tried a number of recipes, different ingredient measurements, different temperatures, even cooking the filling on the stovetop before baking it. But they still come out runny. Every single one of them. The only time I come close to getting the right consistency, the pecans come out black from overcooking.
Anyone know the secret?

Opinions are like a holes, everybody’s got one , some are just bigger than most :angryfire:
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:33 am

Opinions are like a holes, everybody’s got one , some are just bigger than most :angryfire:[/quote]

^^^^^^^ Lol !!!

This reminds me of a quick, but True story that I think will make some laughs and smiles so I'll share it...

Last year when my son just turned 3, I was running late for work in the morning like usual.

I ran out of the shower with a towel thru the bedroom, down the hall and into the kitchen to turn off my alarm that was going off on my ( bp/heartbeat/monitor/watch ) because it was on the kitchen island making way too much noise.
In the rush, I lost the towel and when I went to pick it up, my little guy was up as well standing there...
Out of reflex, I tried to get it as quickly as possible and this is when he made a comment that had me laughing for the rest of the day ....
He goes....Dad....., u got a hole in ur buttttttt!!!!!!

I paused, processed his innocent remark and looked at him with a grin and said....Son..., we all do !!
It's just that some are bigger than others.....lol

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

Postby Williep » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:22 am

index.png
index.png (151.55 KiB) Viewed 6138 times
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:52 am

:D :cheers:
Androth
Pilgrim

Postby Androth » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:18 pm

I love baking pies.
emradguy USER_AVATAR
emradguy
Wrangler

Postby emradguy » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:05 pm

I gotta say...yeah, there’s some liquid in that pie pan, but I don’t care...not one bit. That pie looks deeeeelish! Especially in the later pic with the Blue Bell on it.
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:24 pm

Rambo wrote:
OldUsedParts wrote::tup: :salut: Gotta go get some Blue Bell Niller now :wav:

Here ya go

Oh yeah baby baby. Nothing in the wide wide world of sports like bourbon pecan pie!!!!!!
Attachments
C47BFD15-1988-4A0D-95E3-9C1220BDA38B.gif
C47BFD15-1988-4A0D-95E3-9C1220BDA38B.gif (920.53 KiB) Viewed 5976 times
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."

Return to “Desserts”