Flashback Donuts

The sweet ending to a perfect meal.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Flashback Donuts

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:30 am

Back when my Boys were still at home we used to make Donuts out of Canned Biscuits but I had long since forgotten how good they were until this morning when I whooped up a small batch. They were indeed good as I remembered but the Pics weren't good at all. Mainly because I had the Oil too hot but they still tasted good. :wav:

Here is the Recipe for these Sweet Quickies, in case any one is interested. :tup: :salut:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NMu1sgg_-Q
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

Re: Flashback Donuts

Postby Williep » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:42 am

I'll have give that a try one, thanks for posting. :salut: :salut:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:03 am

I'm sure y'all will like them, just watch the heat on the oil or you'll be glazing black donuts :whiteflag: :laughing7:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:28 am

OldUsedParts wrote:I'm sure y'all will like them, just watch the heat on the oil or you'll be glazing black donuts :whiteflag: :laughing7:

Did same deep fryin a clucker a while back. Went to extra trouble to double batter everything, fired up the pot outdoors to keep from greasing up my wife’s kitchen, and was all ready. to have golden fried chicken. Forgot that oil accumulates heat; little did I know it turned out the temperature was over 500 degrees and I was lucky I didn’t burn down the farm. So I dropped the chicken in and everything’s going good for a grand total of about 15 seconds, and then the batter instantly turns black right it front of my eyes. That’s when I pulled out my dipstick and checked the temperature and sure enough the peanut oil was well over 500. So I shut off the heat, thanked the Big Man for not letting it spontaneously combust because I was tickling flashpoint temperature, and let it coast; figuring the chicken inside might still cook and be edible.

Within approximately 5 minutes that chicken was done through and dipsticked at 160°. Fastest chicken in the West.

Once the oil cooled down to 350 I threw the rest of the chicken in and it came out nice and beautifully golden.

Funny thing is, once I cracked the cover with a chisel, the coal mine chicken came out perfect inside, succulent and beautiful, The golden chicken was just pretty good.

Sometimes we learn because we are smart, other times we learn because we are stupid, but it’s always best to learn while we are lucky.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:56 am

When I was a kid my uncle would make those fried biscuit donuts and sprinkle powdered sugar on them; fond memories

Return to “Desserts”