Pork Roast Suggestion

Looking for something special but dont see it? Post your request here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Pork Roast Suggestion

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:48 pm

Hey Compadres, I picked up a pretty nice Pork Roast today and I'll probably cook it sometime next week.
HOWEVER, I'm wondering if there's a Recipe that I might like more than just Pulled Pork? Sammiches is
about all I know to do with Pulled Pork. :dont:

Do any of Y'all have any suggestions or recipes for a Pork Roast other than Pulled Pork that you like real well??????
IMG_0025.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
The Pocono Ring Shop
Cowboy

Re: Pork Roast Suggestion

Postby The Pocono Ring Shop » Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:26 pm

Umm, scratch that, forget my reply. I had a brain fart and didn't read your post correctlty :banghead: :banghead:
k.a.m. USER_AVATAR
k.a.m.
Chuck Wagon

Postby k.a.m. » Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:14 am

Stuffed pork roast in the dutch oven is my all time favorite.
I slice it open and stuff it with a mash of jalapeno, bell pepper, garlic and onion. Then tie it shut with butcher twine.
season it up with your favorite Cajun seasoning then water brown it. Once browned add a bit of water to break up the drudge then add one quart chicken stock and as much water needed to cover half the roast. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and cook till done.
Always remember slow and steady wins the race.

My Hybrid cooker.
Competition trailer #2.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:41 am

Hmmmm, sounds great, KAM, I think I'll use that Recipe :tup:
????Would it be OK to give it some Smoke time before going to the Dutch Oven??? :dont:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
k.a.m. USER_AVATAR
k.a.m.
Chuck Wagon

Postby k.a.m. » Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:04 am

OldUsedParts wrote:Hmmmm, sounds great, KAM, I think I'll use that Recipe :tup:
????Would it be OK to give it some Smoke time before going to the Dutch Oven??? :dont:

I am sure it would but I have never tried that. I look forward to you results.

My Hybrid cooker.
Competition trailer #2.
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:16 am

looks like a good recipe to try... I might even try it with some white wine on a 50-50 split with the water and a smidgen of flour to thicken as the cook finishes...
now Ya'll can see what retirement is doing to me... :whiteflag:
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:20 am

It may be a week or so with the Wiffy's health probs so Y'all bear with me :dont:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:46 am

k.a.m. wrote: then water brown it.

explain please :dont: :scratch:
k.a.m. USER_AVATAR
k.a.m.
Chuck Wagon

Postby k.a.m. » Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:14 am

OldUsedParts wrote:
k.a.m. wrote: then water brown it.

explain please :dont: :scratch:

I do not brown meat using oil. Season up the roast heat up your pot and add about a 1/4 cup of water and place the roast in the pot then brown as usual. As the water evaporates add a bit more. The roast has plenty of fat and will render as you brown it.

My Hybrid cooker.
Competition trailer #2.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:27 am

:tup: thank you, Sir KAM :salut: :texas:
hj USER_AVATAR
Hj
Bandolero

Postby Hj » Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:43 pm

This is abit late - but U all might try it sometime . Also - that stuff pork someone suggested...sounds awesome ñ For sure I will try it.

Saurkraut Pork Kalbasi ñ Taters Hj's

Been making this since I was 16 .  My Grandmother came from Germany ñ taught me this recipe.
Would anyone like to have a pork roast with some saurkraut - kalbasi ñ mashed potatoes ..oh my, it's so delicious.

Of course -  I brown well all over the pork roast seasoned well in the large roaster. I season with salt ñ pepper all over.  USE a large  roasting pan   - large enough for all the rest that goes in this recipe~

While meat is browning I rinse the kraut really well.  Very Important ñ drain it !

KEEP all  the drippings from browning the pork roast in the roaster ñ add with the pork roast all the below.**

To the brown roast ñ drippings add - a little water to get all that brown goodies from browning the pork..so scrap ñ mix well with a little water to start ..add all the rest U can remove the pork while doing this I DONT. CAUSE I don't want to lose any juices.

**add all ñ stir
Saurkraut that was rinsed really well n drained 
3  to 4 bay leaves
1 onion very large chop or 1½
6 garlic cloves diced fine
4 celery ribs chop ñ chop some leaves in
kalbasi  cut diagonally the whole pkg.
pepper well 
my secret  Ingredient is~
½ c. Pearl Barley 
water to cover ñ more if needed
..place in oven "covered" - 350⁰F. - cook till all pork is tender - stir the kraft ñ others once in awhile. . Now - I suppose you could do this on a grill. 
Serve over mashed taters.

Note - can always add salt if needed ..hard to remove too much . THE BROTH WILL be brown n a little thick not too thick when finished. 

I never tried - but - maybe one could smoke all this. HAPPY New Year to all. 2023
A mistake is sometimes a great creation
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:41 pm

Wow! We have a pork loin in the freezer. We have kraut… and celery… might try this!

OUP, we once marinated ribs in a mix of soy sauce, honey, ginger, and sliced green onion, then Q'd as usual with cherry and apple for smoke. People loved it. Might work on a roast? :dont:
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:03 pm

Hmmm, think I'll take note of this post for the next time - - - sho sounds good :salut:
hj USER_AVATAR
Hj
Bandolero

Postby Hj » Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:18 pm

Sailor Kenshin wrote:Wow! We have a pork loin in the freezer. We have kraut…

OUP, we once marinated ribs in a mix of soy sauce, honey, ginger, and sliced green onion, then Q'd as usual with cherry and apple for smoke. People loved it. Might work on a roast? :dont:

Oh my golly, that's sounds awesome!!! Drooling TRY in Applewood or mesquite wood too.

When I do my prime rib.
I salt - pepper - garlic all over the outside ñ make slits many places all over prime deep ñ place thick pieces if smoked Applewood inside Wrap tight over night. POUR low sodium soy sauce all over Prime ñ drap the whole prime with apple wood place in baking foil pan with ½ pkg. of McCormick Au Jus mixed with just enough beef broth or water to dissolve the Au Jus cover it well.. preheat oven 500⁰F. - turn down heat to 325⁰F. Bake it slow till reaches 115⁰F. let sit 20 minutes ñ it hits 120⁰F. Place under broiler till bacon is crisp. ALL THE JUICES goes into bottom of for your AuJus. Skim off fat . MAKE BOTH Au jus ñ thick gravy from the juices.

If U want Horseradish Dressing.
Mix Horesradish - sour cream - lemon juice - Worcestershire sauce - lots of chopped chives - little garlic granular - salt ñ pepper to taste. ..make sure it is very cold.

I would hope someone tries this way either smoking or grilling it. USING mesquite wood works well infused with grilling or the applewood. THE prime meat is a fabulous taste without putting so many herbs on the meat. To each their own tastes. Some put butter ñ cheeses over the top ñ Bake with herbs.
A mistake is sometimes a great creation
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:40 pm

HJ your pork and kraut recipe sounds similar to my grandmothers.
Grandpa didn't like garlic so scratch that and the kielbasa but the same except she ALWAYS used Rhine wine I'd say at least a cup or so.

Loved her German cooking...
tarde venientibus ossa....

Return to “Request a Recipe”