Yo Rambo - need Salsa Recipe

Looking for something special but dont see it? Post your request here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Re: Yo Rambo - need Salsa Recipe

Postby Rambo » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:45 pm

It will be better in about a week
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:44 pm

I can't find my copy *&@RT*R#&__&)R@ - - - can you send it to me again? no Rush at all :tup: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
hj USER_AVATAR
Hj
Bandolero

Postby Hj » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:07 am

To Old Used Parts-~ your post.."I kinda 'whimped out" on peeling the Prickly Pears by hand because of the small little clusters of thorns that are on them BUT BELIEVE IT OR NOT - - - my Wife could peel them without gloves or anything."

I USED to do prickly pear jam and other dishes

Those little cluster thorns...theyvdo hurt..so I used to turn on the grill and use tongs to pick them up and just burn the cluster thorns off quick and fast ...
walla. HOPE This help all who enjoy prick pears.
A mistake is sometimes a great creation
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:46 am

YES, I did the torch trick also for a little while and then I met Sherry. :laughing7: I just amazes me how she can peel them as if they were an apple with absolutely no problems with those knobs of thornes
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:57 am

OldUsedParts wrote:I can't find my copy *&@RT*R#&__&)R@ - - - can you send it to me again? no Rush at all :tup: :salut:

Did you find it?
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:01 pm

NOPE !
hj USER_AVATAR
Hj
Bandolero

Postby Hj » Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:51 am

OldUsedParts wrote:thanks,, however, I have done a lot of canning over the years and all I really need is the ingredient ratio from Rambo - - - he did some not long ago that really caught my eye - - - - when we were in the Hill Country we even canned some Prickly Pear Jelly and it turned out great - - - I kinda 'whimped out" on peeling the Prickly Pears by hand because of the small little clusters of thorns that are on them BUT BELIEVE IT OR NOT - - - my Wife could peel them without gloves or anything. :roll: :shock: :dont:

Better late then never... those little hairy red stickers are horrible. WHAT U DO is ...light the grill or what I did.. used a propane weed burner ...it takes a couple seconds ..done gone. Use long tongs to pick them off the plant ñ burn those hairy stickers right off the prickly pears in seconds. PICKING the tasty prickly pears ..U again use long tongs n place in a bag that can thrown away. Wall ah ..problem solved and good eating. The javelina love to eat the fruit n pedals but won't eat the purple species.
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:52 am

You’re either staying up very late or moving mighty early; hope all is well Hj
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:23 am

I wonder if that's Arizona Time (5:51 am) or Texas Time?
Probably CST, if so he beat you up by 2 hrs and me by 3 :D
hj USER_AVATAR
Hj
Bandolero

Postby Hj » Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:56 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:OldUsedParts » Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:23 am

I wonder if that's Arizona Time (5:51 am) or Texas Time?
Probably CST, if so he beat you up by 2 hrs and me by 3
Rambo wrote:You’re either staying up very late or moving mighty early; hope all is well Hj

LOL. I am well ñ It is WAS Az time. As U know our time doesn't change. I sometimes wake early. ..especially in summer months..just to get outside work done ..before the heat fries me :lol: time now is 12:54pm

Return to “Request a Recipe”