Yo Rambo - need Salsa Recipe

Looking for something special but dont see it? Post your request here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Yo Rambo - need Salsa Recipe

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:30 pm

Hey Friend, do you have a Recipe for that salsa that you preserve and use the Canned Style Salsa store bought Maters :?: :dont:
If so, could you share it please ? :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
02ebz06 USER_AVATAR
02ebz06
Cowboy

Re: Yo Rambo - need Salsa Recipe

Postby 02ebz06 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:23 pm

I have practically zero canning experience.
That said, this is very good by CaptJack (not a recipe as such, just the ingredients) --> viewtopic.php?f=25&t=36583&p=315904&hilit=smoked+salsa#p315904
We made it and it didn't last long enough to can. :laughing7:

You could follow the canning instructions (if you don't have the experience) or use the complete recipe on AllRecipes --> https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/24414 ... ing-salsa/

Freezing is always an option.
LSG 20x42 Pellet Smoker (on order), CampChef PGXXL pellet smoker, Emozione Pizza Oven, CampChef Griddle
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:50 pm

thanks,, however, I have done a lot of canning over the years and all I really need is the ingredient ratio from Rambo - - - he did some not long ago that really caught my eye - - - - when we were in the Hill Country we even canned some Prickly Pear Jelly and it turned out great - - - I kinda 'whimped out" on peeling the Prickly Pears by hand because of the small little clusters of thorns that are on them BUT BELIEVE IT OR NOT - - - my Wife could peel them without gloves or anything. :roll: :shock: :dont:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:03 pm

OUP, I’ll get it to in the morning
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:03 pm

Sorry , haven’t been online since this morning
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:54 am

Got it - - - thank ya thank ya thank ya very much 8) :salut:
02ebz06 USER_AVATAR
02ebz06
Cowboy

Postby 02ebz06 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:23 am

OldUsedParts wrote:thanks,, however, I have done a lot of canning over the years and all I really need is the ingredient ratio from Rambo - - - he did some not long ago that really caught my eye - - - - when we were in the Hill Country we even canned some Prickly Pear Jelly and it turned out great - - - I kinda 'whimped out" on peeling the Prickly Pears by hand because of the small little clusters of thorns that are on them BUT BELIEVE IT OR NOT - - - my Wife could peel them without gloves or anything. :roll: :shock: :dont:

Ah.... The "Yo Rambo" didn't register.
LSG 20x42 Pellet Smoker (on order), CampChef PGXXL pellet smoker, Emozione Pizza Oven, CampChef Griddle
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:50 am

Well, I finally picked up the Canned Maters at Wally World and the other fresh Veggies at HEB to make Rambo's Mater Can Salsa. However, I forgot to pick up some Wide Mouth Lids and quickly discovered that "Canning Season" is in full Bloom :banghead: Not one store in Willis had any wide mouth lids but my oldest Son did and saved the day (weekend I mean).

Got up early this morning to start the Salsa and quickly realized that my pot didn't hold but 7 pint jars and I had purt'near doubled Rambo's Recipe of 4/5 pints. Oh Well, I did 7 pint jars and then quickly sterilized 3 more and "believe it or not" it came out exactly an even 10 pints. WOO HOO :cheers:

These Maters have a seasoning that the Wiffy and I really like and I've got to figger out what it is somehow?????

P9190065.JPG

P9190066.JPG

P9190067.JPG
02ebz06 USER_AVATAR
02ebz06
Cowboy

Postby 02ebz06 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:31 am

:cheers:

That should hold you for a few football games.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:38 am

More like several Seasons of "Gunsmoke" :laughing7: :lol: :D :salut:
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:03 pm

That’s the right everything; good job
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:30 pm

thank you, Sir, and thanks for the Recipe and Tips :tup: :salut: :chef:
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:11 pm

Happy to help. Can’t wait for you to try it
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:46 pm

The Wiffy and I both did some "Taste Testies" and came up smiling. I'm gonna get the full effect in the morning on my Owens and Egg Chalupa with Jalapeno Jelly. :salut:
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:45 pm

I’ll bring some chips!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Request a Recipe”