Skirt Steak other than Fajitas

Looking for something special but dont see it? Post your request here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Skirt Steak other than Fajitas

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:26 am

I picked up a 1-1/4 # Wagyu Skirt Steak and I want to use it for something other than your basic Fajitas.
Maybe something like stew or soup or something else if possible ?

Has any of Y'all used Skirt Steak in a different way and maybe has a Recipe to share?

TIA
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Re: Skirt Steak other than Fajitas

Postby Rambo » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:41 am

Many years ago, I walked to the Bus Stop, oh wait: there was a Restaurant in Nacogdoches called La Hacienda. They served a Flank Steak whole, about 8” long, and it was delicious. If’s it’s Waugu, you might want to try that with some rice
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:38 pm

Grill it and serve topped with a chimichuri sauce. Good stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:29 pm

thanks, Gents - - - I'll let you know how it comes out :tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:06 pm

Welps, I had planned on cooking the skirt steak this evening but Life got in my way and I ran outa time and patience, so I'll fix it tomorrow. In the meantime, it is sleeping with Suckle Busters Fajita Seasoning. No reason, just because :dont: :scratch:
Found some Chimi Sauce in HEB today after looking for a long time - - GRRRRRR THey recently rearranged most all of the isles (Covid???) and nothing is where it was or is supposed to be IMHO. :scratch:

THink I'll do some carmelized Own-Yawns and White Taters for a side :roll: Leftovers will probably turn into Fajitas if there is any.

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG
JReich
Wrangler

Postby JReich » Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:09 pm

I think you’re on the right track. Flank and skirt have some of the best flavor to me. I love chimichurri with both cuts as well. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:27 am

I believe in your plan. Sb fajitas rub is great IMHO. Can't go wrong with chimichurri.

Sent fra min SM-G988B via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:20 am

thanks, Gents, IT WON"T BE LONG NOW :tup:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:17 pm

Well, it went pretty good, considering, and I ended up really liking the Chimichuri Sauce on it. I didn't expect to like it but it really melded with the meat. Sweet Corn on Cob and Pinto Beans were my two side. I fixed some Taters and Own-Yawns for the Wiffy and all was well.

Ready for the Grill
IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:38 pm

Was it tough?
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:33 am

Rambo wrote:Was it tough?

Well, ?KINDA?, if I didn't slice it EXACTLY 90 degrees to the Grain, then it took a little more chewing.

I still have about half of it left and will probably pre-cut it in small sections for some Fajitas tomorrow ?maybe?
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:12 pm

Rambo wrote:Was it tough?

Hey Neighbor,
Decided to fix some Fajita Style Grub today and I took the awesome cutting board that Egghead blessed me with and sliced the pre-cooked Skirt Steak leftovers real thin and perfectly across the grain. It became melt in your mouth tender when put on the Tortilla with all the goodies. The only thing that was missing was that Fajita flavor you get from cooking the meat, peppers and own-yawns all together, instead of cooking it like a Steak.

Return to “Request a Recipe”