Beans vs No beans?

Anything, everything and all things chili. Cowboys like chili!

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Beans vs No beans?

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:21 am

:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

"Beans Beans a Wonderful Fruit. The More you Eat the More you Toot"
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
guy USER_AVATAR
Guy
Pilgrim

Postby Guy » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:07 am

D.D. wrote:I like my chili with beer.

Do you pour the beer in the chili? I like my beer, and beans, on the side. :happ:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:37 am

Guy wrote:
D.D. wrote:I like my chili with beer.

Do you pour the beer in the chili? I like my beer, and beans, on the side. :happ:

Those 2 Words are really all that counts :tup: :salut: :cheers:

Personally, I like Tortillas and Beer on the side and "everything else" in the Bowl. :deadhorse:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:24 am

Guy - take my advice and just nod your head and move along…

I use this method on a few different situations (most involve conversations with my wife) the other is Parts and his beans in chili stance. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
guy USER_AVATAR
Guy
Pilgrim

Postby Guy » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:48 am

Ha ha, I see this thread has been going on since 2010,that’s pretty funny. I read the whole thing, good stuff lol.

Every time I make a big pot of soup, my wife always adds something to it, kinda gets on my nerves, but normally she makes it better. Well one time I made a big pot of chili, she warms it up the next day and puts cabbage in it. What the heck!! I had to put my foot down on that!!!
Last edited by Guy on Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:04 am

One thing for sure is that "this thread" has withstood the test of time HOWEVER, I don't think that "ANYONES MIND" has been changed or altered during the Battle (er uh Discussion, I mean) Truth be known, it probably should be moved to Those Funny Cowboys Thread :D :lol: :laughing7: :salut:

Cabbage in Chili :dont: :scratch: :?:
Git a Rope.jpg.jpg
Git a Rope.jpg.jpg (8.07 KiB) Viewed 5373 times
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:45 pm

This thread remains as a good tool to measure a member's ability to debate properly without getting butthurt! :laughing7:
(Insert witty signature here)
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:34 pm

Txdragon wrote:This thread remains as a good tool to measure a member's ability to debate properly without getting butthurt! :laughing7:

Never looked at it that way but you are correct.

txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:48 pm

bsooner75 wrote:
Txdragon wrote:This thread remains as a good tool to measure a member's ability to debate properly without getting butthurt! :laughing7:

Never looked at it that way but you are correct.

I mean heck, all is fair in food and wine! There are many variations for 1 dish and each is totally subjective. If my great-grandmother were to see me make biscuits, she would certainly call me a "Blödmann" and continue to curse me in German for a good half hour AFTER hitting me with a skillet. Lol!
If I were offered a bowl of chili from another family's kitchen that had 20 ingredients that i myself wouldn't use, i wouldn't refuse it even though I wouldnt make it that way. 8)
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:15 pm

Yeah or keeping your thoughts to yourself
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:30 pm

Rambo wrote:

Hahahahahahaaaa!! It's crazy. I'm no fan of the beans in chili. I'll razz on it relentlessly. Is it my opinion? It is. Does it count the same as all others? Yes. Does it mark the end of the world if somebody makes chili with beans, zucchini, whole tomatoes, corn, chicken, kitchen sink? No. Make it however! At the end of the day, good food is good food!

Seriously though, beans don't go in there!!! :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:
guy USER_AVATAR
Guy
Pilgrim

Postby Guy » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:06 am

Exactly. It is just banter, nothing more. Anyone that takes beans vs no beans in chili debate serious needs to log off and go have beer.

A more serious debate is tomatoes vs no tomatoes. :laughing7:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:14 am

Guy wrote: Anyone that takes beans vs no beans in chili debate serious needs to log off and go have beer.

The Universal Cure-All :wav:
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:23 am

Rambo wrote:

Another lesson learned from marriage. :)

txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:28 am

bsooner75 wrote:
Rambo wrote:

Another lesson learned from marriage. :)

I have noticed that after many years of marriage, a large and prominent portion of my vocabulary is, "Yes dear.."

Return to “Chili Heads”