Chili question

Anything, everything and all things chili. Cowboys like chili!

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Re: Chili question

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:11 am

Chuck Wagon Norway Joe:

That is some great looking chili! And Fonzie always cracks me up. :laughing7:

We do not drain the meat on paper towels. I put the chili in a metal bowl in the fridge and when it's chilled, lift some of the fat and I HAVE been known to save this fat for cooking taters.

I do love a Frito pie (Fritos have this wonderful crunchy heavy texture that stands up tp chilification). AAAAANNNND, I have also been known to put Certain Unmentionables in chili!
Moink!
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:18 am

Sailor Kenshin wrote:Chuck Wagon Norway Joe:

That is some great looking chili! And Fonzie always cracks me up. :laughing7:

We do not drain the meat on paper towels. I put the chili in a metal bowl in the fridge and when it's chilled, lift some of the fat and I HAVE been known to save this fat for cooking taters.

I do love a Frito pie (Fritos have this wonderful crunchy heavy texture that stands up tp chilification). AAAAANNNND, I have also been known to put Certain Unmentionables in chili!
Thanks. When you put the meat in the bowl won't it stick to the fat?

I can see using the fat for cooking taters is a good idea.

Regarding the fritos I will try to make a fritos pie next time. Thought we would have some chili leftovers, but we ate it all. Have to double the portion next time

Fonzie is cool. He does som cool thing every day. Love to tease us with what he knows he isn't supposed to do. He's so old that he knows what he can get away with.

Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1
professor bunky USER_AVATAR
Professor Bunky
Outlaw

Postby Professor Bunky » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:43 pm

Great 1st Chili Joe! :cheers: :chef:

Regarding lifting off the cold fat, you can just take the big or thick pieces of fat that are sitting mostly on liquid. If any fat sticks to the meat, just leave it be. This technique isn't for getting all the fat off, just a fair bit.
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:30 pm

Thanks. I see see it now. I thought he put the meat in a bowl, but of course it's the chili with the liquid. The fat will float to the top and you can lift it off.

phillymike
Cowboy

Postby phillymike » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:51 pm

Hello all, new to the forum and been doing a lot of lurking around here. Don’t want to hi jack the thread, Joe do you have to pay the taxes if you didn’t actually pay for the sucklebusters? Since there are different ways to pay for things like someone could send it to you as a gift but you pay for it through them say a check, PayPal or something like that. Just trying to save you some coin.
Regards Mike,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:37 pm

[quote="phillymike"]Hello all, new to the forum and been doing a lot of lurking around here. Don’t want to hi jack the thread, Joe do you have to pay the taxes if you didn’t actually pay for the sucklebusters? Since there are different ways to pay for things like someone could send it to you as a gift but you pay for it through them say a check, PayPal or something like that. Just trying to save you some coin.
Regards Mike,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]Hello and welcome to the forum. I appreciate your suggestions abouts saving me some taxes. Unfortunately I live in a very expensive country. We are allowed to import comercially bought stuff without taxes if value including freight is below about 33 USD. Gifts below 100 USD is also free of taxes. But the freight from the US is high so it doesn't make sense buying so little. I think it's almost 75 USD in freight/shipping cost up to a certain weight. To justify the cost I need to buy as much as possible as long as the freight doesn't go up to the next step. That will push the value way above the limits.

Sucklebuster has tipped me about a swedish distributor that also sells online. I will check with them next time. Probably a lot cheaper shipping costs.

Return to “Chili Heads”