Chili question

Anything, everything and all things chili. Cowboys like chili!

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Re: Chili question

Postby Norway Joe » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:46 pm

bsooner75 wrote:Joe - you really nailed that Chili! I’d gladly eat a bowl of that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. Tasted great and very easy with the competition pack from Sucklebusters.

The best thing for me when I cook something new, is when my kids like it. They can be a little picky about new food so when they not only eat it, but serve themselves multiple times, I am happy.

A cool thing is that after I bought all these SB rubs, they have gotten interested in both bbq'ing and grilling. Often when I cook now they come and ask what I'm cooking, which rub I'm using, says it smells good etc. That is very satisfying for me. They even studied the SB brochure I got with the last shipment.

Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk
Last edited by Norway Joe on Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Instagram: Norway_joe1
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:52 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Basically this is what it says:

Ingredients

2 tablespoons vegetable oil

3 pounds beef chuck, cut into 1/2-inch cubes

3 tablespoons chili powder

1 tablespoon ground cumin

1 1/2 teaspoons Emeril's Southwest Essence

3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper

1 bay leaf

3 cups chopped yellow onions

2 tablespoons minced garlic

2 (12-ounce) bottles dark beer

1 (28-ounce) can whole tomatoes, crushed, with juices

1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes

2 tablespoons tomato paste

1 cup beef broth

2 teaspoons salt

1-ounce semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped

2 tablespoons masa harina

Grated Cheddar, for garnish

Finely chopped green onions, for garnish

Chopped fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
Directions

Heat the oil in a large heavy pot over high heat. Add the beef, chili powder, cumin, Southwest Essence, cayenne, cinnamon, crushed red pepper and bay leaf and cook until meat is well-browned. Add the onions and cook, stirring often, until the onions soften, about 8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the beers and cook until the foam subsides, about 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, beef broth, salt, and chocolate to the pot. Stir well and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, partially cover, and cook until thickened and meat is very tender, 1 hour 20 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent the chili from sticking to the bottom of the pot. Skim off any fat that rises to the top of the chili. Sprinkle soup with masa harina and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer.
Taste and adjust the seasoning, if necessary. Serve with the cheese, green onions, and cilantro alongside as garnish.

Recipe from Emeril Lagasse
That looks like a very tasty chili. Might try that if I am able to gather all the ingredients. I have read about Lagrasse.

norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:05 am

woodenvisions wrote:
Joernolav wrote:The link may work since I am abroad.

Oh man ! All of this time I thought you were a dude !?!?

Just a little O.U.P humour Joe, Lol...

Tell me u Didn't laugh Emm....
Seems like I can be a lot of things, especially when I try to write in American. :laughing7:

Guess it's ok, as long as my misspellings don't end up offending someone andonly ends up funny.

I remember one of my first posts on this forum. I had got some oak wood shavings from used casks. I wrote caskets instead. Gave the story a rather unpleasant meaning.

woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:18 am

Joe,

I wasn't making fun of your English or spelling. I knew exactly what you meant, its just my personality. Some of us on here get a bit goofey, I won't mention names ok O.U.P .

And in your defense, your usage and wording was spot on, I just decided to be a goof ...
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:51 am

woodenvisions wrote:Joe,

I wasn't making fun of your English or spelling. I knew exactly what you meant, its just my personality. Some of us on here get a bit goofey, I won't mention names ok O.U.P .

And in your defense, your usage and wording was spot on, I just decided to be a goof ...
You know what? I thought it was funny. No hard feelings here. I write most of the text on the phone and very often auto correction writes something else or I miss a word.

We must be able to see the humor when a sentence ends up meaning something else than what's intended.

Keep it going.

woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:38 am

Joernolav wrote:
woodenvisions wrote:Joe,

You know what? I thought it was funny. No hard feelings here. I write most of the text on the phone and very often auto correction writes something else or I miss a word.

We must be able to see the humor when a sentence ends up meaning something else than what's intended.

Keep it going.

Kool !!

I'd feel really bad if someone thought I had bad intentions. One thing about this Forum is the Moderators don't put up with stuff like that and they address it.
And, usually another member or two, three or more will post if they see it as well. Kinda like neighbors watching over each other.
As for auto correct, ur 100 % right lol !
I've had some really " awkward " moments with text messages in the past. Ain't it funny how 1 single word that " our phones " think we meant change the whole text meaning .

More than once I've had to " explain " myself out of trouble

I had one that I had sent to a dozen or so coworkers regarding Panera Bagels that I brought in. I picked up 3 dozen one time with a bunch of Lox and Cream Cheese, and Muffins as well.

I " attempted " to tell everyone this....

Just so you all know, I picked up a bunch of Panera Bagels this morning.
I didn't know where to put them so I just decide to stuff them in " Donnas Little Office " I hope she didn't mind me putting them up in there...

Well, auto correct was silent until it decided it wanted to change Office to ORIFICE !!

YUP, it took about 20 minutes before I started getting return texts and funny looks.
Eventually someone had to tell me to Re Read the text better.

True Story ^^^^^^
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:13 am

It could be worse Woody:

A guy sends a text to his next-door neighbor:

"Bob, I'm sorry. I've been riddled with guilt and I have to confess: I have been tapping your wife when you're not around, probably more than you. I know it's no excuse but I don't get it at home. I can't live with the guilt any longer. I hope you'll accept my sincerest apology. It won't happen again."

Feeling outrage and betrayed, Bob grabs his gun, goes into the bedroom, and without a word, shoots his wife.

Moments later, Bob gets a second text: "Dang spell check! That should be "wifi"."
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:19 am

Rambo wrote:It could be worse Woody:

A guy sends a text to his next-door neighbor:

"Bob, I'm sorry. I've been riddled with guilt and I have to confess: I have been tapping your wife when you're not around, probably more than you. I know it's no excuse but I don't get it at home. I can't live with the guilt any longer. I hope you'll accept my sincerest apology. It won't happen again."

Feeling outrage and betrayed, Bob grabs his gun, goes into the bedroom, and without a word, shoots his wife.

Moments later, Bob gets a second text: "Dang spell check! That should be "wifi"."
I guess Passwords really are a life or death situation huh Rambo
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:47 am

Haha. That is hilarious from both of you.

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:14 am

Mercy DUDES - - - Y'all have been busy and I've - - well, let's just say "I've been" nuff said. If I ever make a comment on this Forum, you can give odds that none of them will be meant to hurt or put down anyone or any comment. I'm too old to get that serious and incarceration would probably finish me off fo sho. I was raised by and around folks that we loved and "Hoorahed" with from the beginning. It was a way of Life with me. My Dad, Scrappy, used to say "never pass up a good gotcha or dig, especially if it's someone you like but remember paybacks are hail "

However, if I may pooch out the pecks and say that my nickname for Norway Joe was "spot on" :tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:50 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Mercy DUDES - - - Y'all have been busy and I've - - well, let's just say "I've been" nuff said. If I ever make a comment on this Forum, you can give odds that none of them will be meant to hurt or put down anyone or any comment. I'm too old to get that serious and incarceration would probably finish me off fo sho. I was raised by and around folks that we loved and "Hoorahed" with from the beginning. It was a way of Life with me. My Dad, Scrappy, used to say "never pass up a good gotcha or dig, especially if it's someone you like but remember paybacks are hail "

However, if I may pooch out the pecks and say that my nickname for Norway Joe was "spot on" :tup:
Thank you, parts.

spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:53 am

joe we are just glad to have you on here as with most other international folks, the spelling does not matter.... your intentions are sincere that is what matters....
I grew up on the Texas Mexico border, and have been on legitimate business in Mexico and said some pretty "not so good" statements in Spanish, but the folks I was with took no offense and proceeded to instruct me in proper verbalization in their country. A lesson I learned long ago, when your thoughts and actions are wholesome and sincere the mistake does not matter... :salut:
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:01 am

I feel there is a misunderstanding that I have somewhat been offended. I have not. Maybe the way i expressed myself gave that impression, but that was in any case unintended. I like humor and if I can contribute to that it's my pleasure. So, please continue in the same way.

I absolutely feel welcome here, and appreciate the feedback everybody gives on my threads and others.

spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:56 am

I was just looking at the previous posts and it seemed you were concerned about spelling or phrases, I understood you were concerned about saying the wrong thing, your posts do not reflect anything like that, we or I especially enjoy everything you bring to the forum...
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:06 am