Don't Knock It If You Haven't Tried It

Anything, everything and all things chili. Cowboys like chili!

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

Don't Knock It If You Haven't Tried It

Postby Williep » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:05 am

I only make chili a couple time's a year so I'll just buy a chili kit so I don't have an open bottle of chili powder sitting on shelf for a year or more but I don't use all the packet's in the kit, I may add something different which I did this time. Go ahead and start bashing me but I did it, I added BEAN's to my chili and something a little different, COCOA, just a couple of table spoon's and I must say, the chili turned out pretty dang good. This pot was half pork and half beef, onion, bell pepper, diced garlic, diced tomatoes and beef broth. Getting back to the cocoa, I read something about adding it to chili a while back and I just happen to remember that when I started making this pot and I'll probably add it again the next time I make chili. :salut: :texas:

Pic1.jpg
Pic2.jpg
Pic3.jpg
Pic4.jpg
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Don't Knock It If You Haven't Tried It

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:36 am

Looks great, Willie Pard, :tup: :salut: :texas: I think I'll do a multi-meat Chili the next time also.
As far as the Anti-Beanies go, just slide their bowls over to me and I'll dispose of it :tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Re: Don't Knock It If You Haven't Tried It

Postby bsooner75 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:18 am

I’d let my strict no bean in chili rule slide for a bowl of that. Looks great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Chili Heads”