Chili time

Anything, everything and all things chili. Cowboys like chili!

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Chili time

Postby GRailsback » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:51 pm

Dump number 1 is in. It’s a 2 batch pot today.

4324965D-55DF-4860-AB47-28B2CC020F89.jpeg
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Chili time

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:02 pm

Why didn't I know you when we lived off of Jones Road ?
Looks good Sir :tup: :salut: :cheers: :chef:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:23 pm

Not sure, probably because I have only lived here since 2003. But I have drank a lot of beer up and down Jones rd, and still do.

2nd dump in this is gonna be good.

01B80C76-D7EB-4F54-AB51-FBF9985D89E6.jpeg
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:54 pm

Oops that wouldn't have worked because that's about the time we moved to the Hill Country.
HEY PODNAH, what are you calling "Dumps" ? Is it the seasoning or ingredients ? :dont:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:01 pm

The seasonings, if you use the competition kit it comes with 2 packages. That you add 30 minutes apart.

2D0BC860-5C11-42BE-AA67-D05E3E5833BF.jpeg
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:03 pm

How did you know I live off of Jones Rd? Was there something imbedded in the photos?
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:05 pm

GRailsback wrote:How did you know I live off of Jones Rd? Was there something imbedded in the photos?

He's a Graduate of the Jethro Bodine Double Naught Spy Academy ; he knows everything :blues:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:08 pm

I had an old girlfriend that lived on Jones Rd. and she said she knew you :laughing7:

I didn't know that about the Competition Chili - - - think I'll do it next time instead of the other :tup: :salut:
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:59 pm

Now thats funny, Rambo will be extremely proud, maybe not so much that you had an old girlfriend on Jones Rd, but that she knew me. Not sure if I miss that one or not.

The comp chili kit is the only one I use. I cooked up 4 pounds of chili grind beef today and made a double batch. I add everything separate that I may want in it after it is cooked, onions, shredded cheese, a dolop of sour cream if you like it that way. The competition kit transforms into a finished pot of beautiful Texas Red. You can watch it happen through the 3 phases of the cook.

I also had a 3 pound batch of sloppy joes going on in a pan next to it today.
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:05 pm

:chef:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:18 am

GRailsback wrote:Now thats funny, Rambo will be extremely proud, maybe not so much that you had an old girlfriend on Jones Rd, but that she knew me. Not sure if I miss that one or not.

The comp chili kit is the only one I use. I cooked up 4 pounds of chili grind beef today and made a double batch. I add everything separate that I may want in it after it is cooked, onions, shredded cheese, a dolop of sour cream if you like it that way. The competition kit transforms into a finished pot of beautiful Texas Red. You can watch it happen through the 3 phases of the cook.

I also had a 3 pound batch of sloppy joes going on in a pan next to it today.

Thanks for the info - - - I'll have to give that Competition a shot real soon :tup: :salut:
egghead USER_AVATAR
egghead
Egg Master

Postby egghead » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:42 am

I like the Competition Chili a lot and sloppy Joes are a family favorite for left over pulled pork. Except we have been cheating and using Sloppy Boudreaux’s lately.
Attachments
246645E8-4923-48D4-9DE7-7CA652714E38.jpeg
Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
XL, Small, and Mini BGE
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:00 am

I love that competition pack of chili. Great stuff.

Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:31 am

egghead wrote:I like the Competition Chili a lot and sloppy Joes are a family favorite for left over pulled pork. Except we have been cheating and using Sloppy Boudreaux’s lately.

I will have to give that stuff a try EH. I always try and keep some around in the freezer.
egghead USER_AVATAR
egghead
Egg Master

Postby egghead » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:32 am

I get the Sloppy Boudreaux’s at Nunu’s grocery and meat market in Scott, LA. Same exit as Billy’s Boudain and Crackling. Go through the roundabout and Nunu’s is about a 1/2 mile on the left. While there, I recommend some Steen’s pork sausage. Their other sausages are good as well. Their ribeye burgers and chicken burgers are excellent. :D

It’s a good stop on the way back through Lafayette area. You can tell us South Texans are from Louisiana - we travel with an ice chest in the back of our pickup. :mrgreen:
Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
XL, Small, and Mini BGE

Return to “Chili Heads”