Great Sunday

Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Great Sunday

Postby Norway Joe » Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:00 am

Love the feeling when you, after a few col hours at the dock, come home to a house full of the smell of newly made waffles.

One of those days you appreciate your wife even more.

Waffles with brown cheese, sour cream and strawberry jam. Or warm waffles with only dairy butter. Hard choices to be made :laughing7:Image

Sent fra min SM-G988B via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Re: Great Sunday

Postby Norway Joe » Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:00 am

Brown cheese and strawberry jam Image

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:33 am

Yum Yum, interesting shaped pattern :tup: are those made in a Waffle Iron that you pour some batter into and then let the hot top down onto the batter for cooking :?:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:45 am

OldUsedParts wrote:Yum Yum, interesting shaped pattern :tup: are those made in a Waffle Iron that you pour some batter into and then let the hot top down onto the batter for cooking :?:
Yes.Image

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:46 am

applauding3.gif
applauding3.gif (173.22 KiB) Viewed 2021 times
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:50 pm

:cheers:
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
k.a.m. USER_AVATAR
k.a.m.
Chuck Wagon

Postby k.a.m. » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:29 am

Waffles and cheese that is a new one for me. :D Reminds me of my wife who is from Wisconsin. She enjoys sharp cheddar cheese on top her apple pie. I love the waffle iron very unique Joe.
Always remember slow and steady wins the race.

My Hybrid cooker.
Competition trailer #2.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:35 am

k.a.m. wrote:Waffles and cheese that is a new one for me. :D Reminds me of my wife who is from Wisconsin. She enjoys sharp cheddar cheese on top her apple pie. I love the waffle iron very unique Joe.

Only difference than is that I like American Cheese on my hot apple pie :tup:
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:21 am

k.a.m. wrote:Waffles and cheese that is a new one for me. :D Reminds me of my wife who is from Wisconsin. She enjoys sharp cheddar cheese on top her apple pie. I love the waffle iron very unique Joe.
K.A.M: I understand what you mean. Brown cheese isn't an ordinary cheese. Technically it's not really a cheese. Brown cheese is made from whey, the byproduct from cheese production. Brown cheese is sweet and with a taste of caramel. It's a Norwegian specialty and we eat a lot of it.

The waffle iron is a common type here. As you can see we make the waffles thinner than yours. Same batter.

Parts can probably tell you more about the taste of brown cheese in a better English than me. I sent one to him last year.

Here you can read about the cheese:

https://www.dagbladet.no/?playVideo=faM ... wsource=cl

Cheddar and apple pie is a new one for me.

k.a.m. USER_AVATAR
k.a.m.
Chuck Wagon

Postby k.a.m. » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:54 am

Norway Joe wrote:
K.A.M: I understand what you mean. Brown cheese isn't an ordinary cheese. Technically it's not really a cheese. Brown cheese is made from whey, the byproduct from cheese production. Brown cheese is sweet and with a taste of caramel. It's a Norwegian specialty and we eat a lot of it.

The waffle iron is a common type here. As you can see we make the waffles thinner than yours. Same batter.

Parts can probably tell you more about the taste of brown cheese in a better English than me. I sent one to him last year.

Here you can read about the cheese:

https://www.dagbladet.no/?playVideo=faM ... wsource=cl

Cheddar and apple pie is a new one for me.

This sounds very interesting. I am going to get the wife to see if our local markets has this.

My Hybrid cooker.
Competition trailer #2.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:54 am

Norway Joe wrote:Parts can probably tell you more about the taste of brown cheese in a better English than me. I sent one to him last year.

All I remember was that I liked it but I can't remember if I ate it by itself or with something else??? Maybe my memory will jog later. :dont: :scratch:

JOGGER - - - finally worked and here are my comments concerning the awesome pkg that Joe sent with the brown cheese and salmon - - - yum yum
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=35642&p=306690&hilit=brown+cheese#p306690
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:57 pm

Talking about brown cheese. Wife baked bread this evening. Nothing beats a few slices of warm bread and brown cheese. Can eat a whole bread.ImageImage

k.a.m. USER_AVATAR
k.a.m.
Chuck Wagon

Postby k.a.m. » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:48 am

OldUsedParts wrote:
Norway Joe wrote:Parts can probably tell you more about the taste of brown cheese in a better English than me. I sent one to him last year.

All I remember was that I liked it but I can't remember if I ate it by itself or with something else??? Maybe my memory will jog later. :dont: :scratch:

JOGGER - - - finally worked and here are my comments concerning the awesome pkg that Joe sent with the brown cheese and salmon - - - yum yum
http://www.texasbbqforum.com/viewtopic. ... se#p306690

I believe I would've stuck with just the waffles on that one OUP lol.

My Hybrid cooker.
Competition trailer #2.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:07 am

LOL, I didn't but ANY Chez on a Waffle but I did on the Sammiches.

My favorite Waffle Toppings are Texas Pecans, Syrup and Butter :tup: :salut: :texas:
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:37 pm

cheddar on apple pie, now you struck a nerve, nothing better than that heated in the microwave with a big dip of vanilla ice cream on top....
that was fed to me in my teen years and I have never forgot it; Your wife may not like the ice cream dont know :dont: definitely a new taste sensation for those who have never tried it. My problem is getting all the ingredients together at the same time...
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”