The Original FROZEN LUNCH !

Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

The Original FROZEN LUNCH !

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:41 pm

Decided to Bake a Deboned Stuffed Chicken from Hebert's for Lunch along with some Sweet Roasting Ears and Frozen Veggies. However, this time I was going to Bake the Chicken Frozen and not Defrost it first. NUked the Sweet Corn and Roasted the Veggies Frozen also.

The directions on the Chicken wrapper said to defrost and bake at 375 for one hour and fifteen minutes BUT Google said to decrease the temp to 350 (since it will be cooking a longer time) and add 50% of the Cook Time and cook it that long. I ended up Baking it at 350 for 2 hrs and was afraid that it might turn out dry but it turned out juicy and delicious. The Cajun Seasoning on the Chicken is one of my favorites from East of the Sabine River. The Corn was great as always but the Veggies weren't all that good.
IMG_0010.JPG

IMG_0011.JPG

IMG_0012.JPG

IMG_0013.JPG

IMG_0015.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Re: The Original FROZEN LUNCH !

Postby Rambo » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:44 pm

If you liked it is all that matters
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: The Original FROZEN LUNCH !

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:23 pm

Rambo wrote:If you liked it is all that matters

TRUE, However, it's also nice to know that this process works and is extra safe and also an option for those surprise cooks with no defrost time. :chef: :cheers: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”