Air fryer brussells sprouts

Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Re: Air fryer brussells sprouts

Postby spacetrucker » Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:28 pm

Those "little cabbages" are on my favorites list, I even grew some several years ago they were very easy to grow!!
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
tex_toby USER_AVATAR
tex_toby
Deputy

Postby tex_toby » Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:05 pm

My wife bought an air fryer 3 or 4 years ago, tried it once and then it went into the cabinet for about 2 years. One day I decided to pull it out and figure out how to use the dang thing. It now has a permanent spot on the counter. We use it all the time - many times in place of the microwave. I can say that it gets most of its use with frozen items (chicken wings, nuggets, fries, etc...). It's great for reheating things that you don't want turning soggy in the microwave (biscuits are the first thing that comes to mind!) Once of my favorite things to make in it is jalapeno poppers! We don't use it to cook raw meat often, but it surely comes in handy for many things. :D
20" x 40" Party Gator Pit
Custom Mobile Stick Burner
Summerset TRL 32" Built-In Grill
Weber Q2200
48" Custom Firepit
Bertello Pizza Oven

I can't always please everybody. I'm not bacon.
k.a.m. USER_AVATAR
k.a.m.
Chuck Wagon

Postby k.a.m. » Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:45 am

Sailor Kenshin wrote:
k.a.m. wrote:I am a huge fan of Brussels I would hit those hard for sure.
We do not have an air fryer in the house Debbie used one once and just wasn't a fan. Typically we steam Brussels or I slice them them and fry down in bacon grease and garlic. The fried are my all time favorite.

Us, too...and we just got a couple packs frozen to see if that works better (maybe they'll be 'pre-softened' when they thaw).

I wonder if you steamed them a bit then air fried them. Maybe crispy on the outside soft on the inside.
Always remember slow and steady wins the race.

My Hybrid cooker.
Competition trailer #2.
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:57 pm

k.a.m. wrote:
Sailor Kenshin wrote:
k.a.m. wrote:I am a huge fan of Brussels I would hit those hard for sure.
We do not have an air fryer in the house Debbie used one once and just wasn't a fan. Typically we steam Brussels or I slice them them and fry down in bacon grease and garlic. The fried are my all time favorite.

Us, too...and we just got a couple packs frozen to see if that works better (maybe they'll be 'pre-softened' when they thaw).

I wonder if you steamed them a bit then air fried them. Maybe crispy on the outside soft on the inside.

Yup...one way or another. I really like the char they get in the air fryer, but not when they are still raw in the middle.
Moink!

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”