Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Sailor Mam - Fish Sauce

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:47 pm

I fried some Tilapia today but the Wiffy didn't want sammies this time :dont:
She just uses Catsup for a dipping sauce but I make a sauce that my Grandpaw taught me to so.
It's just a combination of Catsup, Horseradish Sauce and Louisiana Red Sauce - - I even put some Red Sauce right on top of the Fish sometimes. This time I did both but mainly the dipping sauce.
IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0010.JPG

IMG_0012.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Re: Sailor Mam - Fish Sauce

Postby Rambo » Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:41 pm

I’ll bet that had little bite to it :tup:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:56 pm

a little but not too bad :whiteflag:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:09 am

that's the way we make it, just use tabasco and a spritz of lemon..
best sauce in the world :chef:
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
tex_toby USER_AVATAR
tex_toby
Deputy

Postby tex_toby » Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:43 am

I'm with the wifey on this one. Ketchup or hot sauce for me. As long as you enjoyed it, that's a win! :D
20" x 40" Party Gator Pit
Custom Mobile Stick Burner
Summerset TRL 32" Built-In Grill
Weber Q2200
48" Custom Firepit
Bertello Pizza Oven

I can't always please everybody. I'm not bacon.
1moreford USER_AVATAR
1MoreFord
Rustler

Postby 1MoreFord » Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:16 am

Similar to the sauce my dad taught me.
Ketchup, prepared horseradish(not sauce), and hot sauce.
To that he added, to taste, a little yellow mustard, woo sauce, and plenty of black pepper.
Good sauce for fried fish and seafood. Good for raw oysters too.
Joe

Falcon MKV Gas Grill w/Grill Grates, OK Joe Longhorn now gone, CharGriller Akorn, Camp Chef 24SG, and Weber 22" OTG
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:33 pm

Tabasco "used" to be my choice of Louisiana Sauces but I became intolerate of it and I mean BIG TIME DON'T EAT THIS EVER :whiteflag: :banghead: :(

Hmmmm??? I might try tweeking my sauce with a little mustard but not woo (don't like)
Sad to say but several years ago I all of a sudden couldn't eat Raw Oysters any longer.
This one was a Biggie for me because I loved them so much and would Pig out (2 to 3 doz) whenever possible.
They even started making my face and lips swell up - - ARRAAGGGGGHHHHH :banghead: Yes I "still miss them" :whiteflag:
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:44 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:I fried some Tilapia today but the Wiffy didn't want sammies this time :dont:
She just uses Catsup for a dipping sauce but I make a sauce that my Grandpaw taught me to so.
It's just a combination of Catsup, Horseradish Sauce and Louisiana Red Sauce - - I even put some Red Sauce right on top of the Fish sometimes. This time I did both but mainly the dipping sauce.
IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0010.JPG

IMG_0012.JPG

That'll do it! :salut:

Excellent with steamed shrimp, too.

OUP, can you eat cooked oysters?
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:51 pm

No, I can't eat any oysters - - - tried some Triple Delight at a Chinese Restaurant and spent the night in the little room called "John" :banghead: :whiteflag:
1moreford USER_AVATAR
1MoreFord
Rustler

Postby 1MoreFord » Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:32 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Tabasco "used" to be my choice of Louisiana Sauces but I became intolerate of it and I mean BIG TIME DON'T EAT THIS EVER :whiteflag: :banghead: :(

Hmmmm??? I might try tweeking my sauce with a little mustard but not woo (don't like)

I don't generally like Woo either unless it's cooked in a recipe but I should have noted it's only a few drops or a splash. I did say to taste. :oops: Just enough to make people wonder what the underlying note is. Pretty much the same with mustard but I do use more mustard.

I've never been too fond of regular Tabasco sauce because of the fermented Oak tannin taste, so I generally use Crystal or Louisiana brand.
Joe

Falcon MKV Gas Grill w/Grill Grates, OK Joe Longhorn now gone, CharGriller Akorn, Camp Chef 24SG, and Weber 22" OTG

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”