Small Roasting Box

Custom manufactured BBQ Pits, Do-it-Yourself projects, parts and ideas.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

cltrejo@gmail.com
Pilgrim

Small Roasting Box

Postby cltrejo@gmail.com » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:41 pm

Not sure if Im in the right spot, maybe someone can point me in the right direction if im not. Im designing a rectangular metal box for coffee roasting. It will be about 20" length, 12" width, 12" height. I need to be able to heat the box to about 450F fueled by a 20lb propane tank. the internal cylinder is a 8"x12" cylindrical drum that will rotate on a rod. What heating components do you recommended for something like this? i.e. hose, regulator, attachment components, piezo lighter, etc.. pretty much everything thats not the box, cylinder, or rotating parts, only the parts involved in the heating.
strength_and_pow
Cowboy

Small Roasting Box

Postby strength_and_pow » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:31 am

I’d probably look at something like this as it has all the components you need. Design so your box sits on it, clamps/bolts to it etc. And when you aren’t roasting coffee, you have have a burner set up for turkey frying, a wok, Discada etc.
Show us what you ultimately come up with.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkImage
cltrejo@gmail.com
Pilgrim

Re: Small Roasting Box

Postby cltrejo@gmail.com » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:57 am

really good idea. I’ll take a look at those; I work for Academy Sports so we have some to choose from that are similar. I didn’t think about considering this.
strength_and_pow
Cowboy

Re: Small Roasting Box

Postby strength_and_pow » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:54 pm

cltrejo@gmail.com wrote:really good idea. I’ll take a look at those; I work for Academy Sports so we have some to choose from that are similar. I didn’t think about considering this.

Shop while at work, Employee discount, it keeps getting better and better. Keep it simple and don’t try to reinvent the wheel usually works well. Now if I’d only listen to myself...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Custom Built Pits, Build Your Own Pit & Pit Modifications”