Vertical Cabinet charcoal smoker

Any type of purchased BBQ Pit.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

copasspupil USER_AVATAR
Copasspupil
Outlaw

Re: Vertical Cabinet charcoal smoker

Postby Copasspupil » Sat May 04, 2019 4:18 pm

Pitmaker vault. My brother raves about it.
Danno

'66 GT350S clone
Custom built smoker named Seal Team
Santa Maria Grill names GrumpyD'sBBQ
Weber stainless gas grill when I want to cook a hotdog
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sat May 04, 2019 5:14 pm

txsmkmstr wrote:
bsooner75 wrote:

If you want to come take a look at mine and ask questions let me know.

BC.... I would recommend you take a peek if you can. There are some trade-offs depending on the overall set-up and possibly your expectations. One thing I liked about Sooner's unit was the working height due to the cart arrangement. Not all VCS's are so equipped. It's a generous offer. :thap:

It’s almost like you have some inside info on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bobcat1 USER_AVATAR
bobcat1
Outlaw

Postby bobcat1 » Sat May 04, 2019 7:25 pm

:coolnana: :coolnana: :coolnana:
joe_smoke USER_AVATAR
joe_smoke
Pilgrim

Postby joe_smoke » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:12 pm

:deadhorse:
The Weber Smokey Mountain user is here.
I use the 22 1/2" Weber kettle (earlier version of second here, can't remember the year). Using the indirect method, and the vents, I've gotten great results, even with a 14lb. turkey. And they last. Mine is 11 years old, I grill 2-3 times a week. Replacement parts are also available.
Also, sometimes they show up on Craigslist for $25 or so. Plus, you can always fabricate a spacer, to go between the bottom and the lid, to make your own version of the WSM. Use a big stainless steel dog water bowl between the fire and the food. The water helps regulate the temp.

Also Meadowcreek makes a good cabinet smoker- charcoal with wood chunks. But those might be pricey.
“Don’t be fooled by the calendar. There are only as many days in the year as you make use of.” - Charles Richards
danielnpina USER_AVATAR
danielnpina
Wrangler

Postby danielnpina » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:55 pm

Humphrey'sImage

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
danielnpina USER_AVATAR
danielnpina
Wrangler

Postby danielnpina » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:57 pm

Humphrey's PintImage

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
arthurb60
Pilgrim

Postby arthurb60 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:25 am

joe_smoke wrote::deadhorse:
The Weber Smokey Mountain user is here.
I use the 22 1/2" Weber kettle (earlier version of second here, can't remember the year). Using the indirect method, and the vents, I've gotten great results, even with a 14lb. turkey. And they last. Mine is 11 years old, I grill 2-3 times a week. Replacement parts are also available.
Also, sometimes they show up on Craigslist for $25 or so. Plus, you can always fabricate a spacer, to go between the bottom and the lid, to make your own version of the WSM. Use a big stainless steel dog water bowl between the fire and the food. The water helps regulate the temp.

Also Meadowcreek makes a good cabinet smoker- charcoal with wood chunks. But those might be pricey.

WSM is a favorite of mine too. I prefer the largest size shown here though, since I only keep it at home... I have my trusty Smoke Hollow PS40B propane if I want something to bring with me when I go camping. What I like about WSM is the sturdy build, I've had mine for half a decade already ever since I first got it when I was just getting into BBQing. This thing never failed me :P :P
samantha
Pilgrim

Postby samantha » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:38 pm

Copasspupil wrote:Pitmaker vault. My brother raves about it.

"Weber stainless gas grill when I want to cook a hotdog" Oh my. what a waste of a beautiful machine. :P :P and also please tell your bro that it's time for an upgrade. I used to get satisfied with Pitmaker too for months until I simply went ahead and tried a sexy looking Camp Chef Smoke Vault (the 24"). As a meticulous Instagram poster I made sure the thing fit in with my super luxe gazebo setup (currently don't have a photo! but it looks exactly like the first photo here it's indistinguishable) (totally not wanting to brag. yeah there you gooooo.) and it looks amazing ;) oh and of course it works so wonderfully. I keep it clean by periodically oiling it. So that it stays shiny and pretty

Return to “BBQ Pits - Offset and Vertical Smokers”