help me

Any type of purchased BBQ Pit.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

simitaly
Pilgrim

Re: help me

Postby simitaly » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:50 pm

I can't wait for my barrel to arrive to try it now! I also found videos in Italian about the minions method ... then I try to translate the others
simitaly
Pilgrim

Postby simitaly » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:54 pm

but when to use the tray with water? and what is it for?
k.a.m. USER_AVATAR
k.a.m.
Chuck Wagon

Postby k.a.m. » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:22 pm

simitaly wrote:but when to use the tray with water? and what is it for?

The water pan is a heat sink. I prefer to wrap mine in foil and use it dry like a diffuser. The water will cause you to burn more fuel and as the water evaporates your temps will fluctuate causing you to adjust intakes.
Always remember slow and steady wins the race.

My Hybrid cooker.
Competition trailer #2.
simitaly
Pilgrim

Postby simitaly » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:38 pm

could you write me step by step how to make pulled pork in true Texan style? :texas:
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:49 pm

Step One: Chase pig with axe...

Sorry can’t help a joke sometimes. Let’s try again:

Step 1: Minion Method fire start: similar setup to your cooker.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c7cURxn-I7w
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ5gYKnDBgQ
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fXMwbCqV3b8

Step 2 - Cooking your butt: Try this tutorial by Aaron Franklin a famous Texas cook. With English subtitles, that may help translating. A good basic starting tutorial on actually cooking your butt.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LbzEa_juegs

Now let’s see if Google translate really works. Since I speak Texan and English is a second language anyway, maybe this helps:

Italian Version (En Italiano)

Fase uno: inseguire il maiale con l'ascia ...

Mi dispiace non posso fare a meno di scherzare a volte. Proviamo di nuovo:

Passaggio 1: metodo Minion con accensione del fuoco: configurazione simile alla tua cucina.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c7cURxn-I7w
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ5gYKnDBgQ
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fXMwbCqV3b8

Passaggio 2 - Cucinare il sedere: prova questo tutorial di Aaron Franklin, un famoso cuoco texano. Con i sottotitoli in inglese, questo può aiutare la traduzione. Un buon tutorial di base per iniziare a cucinare il culo.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LbzEa_juegs
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
k.a.m. USER_AVATAR
k.a.m.
Chuck Wagon

Postby k.a.m. » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:19 am

There are many rubs out there that are great for pork for this I will say use a 50/50 kosher salt and coarse black pepper with a little garlic powder. Season the pork butt and let it rest on the counter while you prepare the smoker.

Use 7 tennis ball size dry chunks of your favorite smoking wood.
Place one shallow layer of charcoal in the bottom of your basket then place 6 of the wood chunks around on top of the charcoal fill the basket with charcoal and create a birds nest in the center. Inside this area place the 7th. chunk of wood.
Start a 1/2 chimney of charcoal and once white hot pour them into the birds nest and put the cooker together. With all vents open let the cooker come up to 250° then close the vents to half open. Once the cooker reaches 325° close the vents to 1/4 open and let the cooker settle in.
You may need to adjust the vents but what you are looking for is 325° to 350° for a pork butt.
Run a dry foiled water pan this will allow you to maintain a more constant temp.
A dual digital meat and cooker thermometer is your friend as it will allow you to monitor meat and cooker temps.
Once the cooker is up to temp place the butt in the middle of the grate and insert the meat probe in the center making sure not to hit the bone if there is one.
Once the butt reaches 170° internal temp double wrap in foil and place the probe back into the butt through the foil and bring it to 210° internal temp.
Once the butt reaches 210° take off the cooker and let rest for 2 hours. then un-wrap and pull. The bone should slip out clean.
Cook times will vary depending on cooker temps and butt size. With these temps and say a 10 lb. butt I would be looking at around a 8 to 10 hour cook total.

My Hybrid cooker.
Competition trailer #2.
k.a.m. USER_AVATAR
k.a.m.
Chuck Wagon

Postby k.a.m. » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:22 am

k.a.m. wrote:There are many rubs out there that are great for pork for this I will say use a 50/50 kosher salt and coarse black pepper with a little garlic powder. Season the pork butt and let it rest on the counter while you prepare the smoker.

Use 7 tennis ball size dry chunks of your favorite smoking wood.
Place one shallow layer of charcoal in the bottom of your basket then place 6 of the wood chunks around on top of the charcoal fill the basket with charcoal and create a birds nest in the center. Inside this area place the 7th. chunk of wood.
Start a 1/2 chimney of charcoal and once white hot pour them into the birds nest and put the cooker together. With all vents open let the cooker come up to 250° then close the vents to half open. Once the cooker reaches 325° close the vents to 1/4 open and let the cooker settle in.
You may need to adjust the vents but what you are looking for is 325° to 350° for a pork butt.
Run a dry foiled water pan this will allow you to maintain a more constant temp.
A dual digital meat and cooker thermometer is your friend as it will allow you to monitor meat and cooker temps.
Once the cooker is up to temp place the butt in the middle of the grate and insert the meat probe in the center making sure not to hit the bone if there is one.
Once the butt reaches 170° internal temp double wrap in foil and place the probe back into the butt through the foil and bring it to 210° internal temp.
Once the butt reaches 210° take off the cooker and let rest for 2 hours. then un-wrap and pull. The bone should slip out clean.
Cook times will vary depending on cooker temps and butt size. With these temps and say a 10 lb. butt I would be looking at around a 8 to 10 hour cook total.

Ci sono molti sfregamenti là fuori che sono ottimi per il maiale, per questo dirò di usare un sale kosher 50/50 e pepe nero grosso con un po 'di aglio in polvere. Condisci il mozzicone di maiale e lascialo riposare sul bancone mentre prepari l'affumicatore.

Usa 7 pezzi asciutti delle dimensioni di una pallina da tennis del tuo legno da fumo preferito.
Metti uno strato superficiale di carbone sul fondo del cesto, quindi posiziona 6 pezzi di legno intorno sopra il carbone, riempi il cesto con carbone e crea un nido di uccelli al centro. All'interno di quest'area posiziona il 7 °. pezzo di legno.
Avviare un mezzo camino di carbone e una volta che sono ben caldi versarli nel nido degli uccelli e unire la pentola. Con tutte le prese d'aria aperte, lasciare che la cucina raggiunga i 250 °, quindi chiudere le prese d'aria a metà aperte. Una volta che la pentola raggiunge i 325 °, chiudi le prese d'aria per 1/4 di apertura e lascia che la pentola si stabilizzi.
Potrebbe essere necessario regolare le prese d'aria, ma quello che stai cercando è da 325 ° a 350 ° per un mozzicone di maiale.
Esegui una padella per l'acqua sventata e asciutta questo ti permetterà di mantenere una temperatura più costante.
Un doppio termometro digitale per carne e fornello è tuo amico in quanto ti consentirà di monitorare le temperature di carne e fornello.
Una volta che la pentola è a temperatura, posizionare il calcio al centro della griglia e inserire la sonda per carne al centro facendo attenzione a non colpire l'osso se ce n'è uno.
Una volta che il calcio ha raggiunto la temperatura interna di 170 °, avvolgere due volte in un foglio e posizionare nuovamente la sonda nel calcio attraverso la pellicola e portarlo a una temperatura interna di 210 °.
Una volta che il mozzicone raggiunge i 210 ° togliere dal fornello e lasciare riposare per 2 ore. quindi srotolare e tirare. L'osso dovrebbe scivolare via pulito.
I tempi di cottura variano a seconda delle temperature del fornello e delle dimensioni del sedere. Con queste temperature e diciamo un culo di 10 libbre, starei guardando un totale di cottura da 8 a 10 ore.

My Hybrid cooker.
Competition trailer #2.
simitaly
Pilgrim

Postby simitaly » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:22 am

The google translation is really funny .... he knows English worse than me ... butt translates it into tail!
I have already made a pulled pork in my fireplace with a lid that I built by hand for indirect cooking ... I had put the snake briquettes, put some wood for smoking for the first 2 and a half hours ... arrived at 60 ° (140 fahrenheit) I wrapped it in aluminum and brought it up to 98 ° (208 ° f.) .... unfortunately I had a temperature stall around 70 ° I don't know why that made me extend the cooking up to 12 hours about preventing me from resting him ...
cooking with the pit barrel can I use the same method except the snake? do I use the grill before putting it in the aluminum or do I hang it with hooks?
Meanwhile, I wanted to thank you with your answers and advice, you are very kind :chef:

Return to “BBQ Pits - Offset and Vertical Smokers”