Smoker door heat loss question

Any type of purchased BBQ Pit.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

GTR
Bandolero

Re: Smoker door heat loss question

Postby GTR » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:13 am

Doesn’t look extreme. Annoying I’m sure but nothing a little food grade silicone won’t seal.
"The days I keep my expectations low and my gratitude high, I have really good days."
Ray Wylie Hubbard
k.a.m. USER_AVATAR
k.a.m.
Chuck Wagon

Postby k.a.m. » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:54 am

Permatex black high temp RTV silicone and plastic wrap will fix that.
Open both doors and clean the door seals with acetone it evaporates fast.
The lay the plastic wrap over your door openings making sure it covers the door seal area and no wrinkles are in it and tape it down.
Then run a bead of the RTV on your door seals and lower the doors. Do not push on the doors let their weight do the job. Let it sit overnight then open the doors and peel off the plastic wrap and trim any excess RTV off the door seal edges.
Auto Zone has the Permatex Black RTV in a caulk tube.
Always remember slow and steady wins the race.

My Hybrid cooker.
Competition trailer #2.
aggie09
Pilgrim

Postby aggie09 » Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:45 pm

I was going to post an update and found my user ID and original post were deleted… does someone know why they would have been deleted?
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:39 pm

aggie09 wrote:I was going to post an update and found my user ID and original post were deleted… does someone know why they would have been deleted?

I'm not sure of this but due to some Spammin that one of the Members was going through, our Sheriff had to delete some Recently Joined Members.
If this happens again please let us know - - - WELCOME TO THE FORUM :salut: :texas:

"Gig'Em"
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:42 pm

Sorry about the Hi-Jack, GTR :bow: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"

Return to “BBQ Pits - Offset and Vertical Smokers”