Texas, Bogie is visting

Any type of flower pots post here

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

bogiedr USER_AVATAR
bogiedr
Cowboy

Texas, Bogie is visting

Postby bogiedr » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:20 pm

Hello my family! Hope everyone is doing well.

We will be in Kingwood visiting family and interviewing an oncologist. We will be looking at real estate so we can make a decision on whether to move or not. Already made a friend over the phone, Dean at Dean's Rib Shack! Sounds kike a really nice guy! Anyway there won't be a lot of time for much other than house hunting, driving around to see proximity to essentials and such, oh and my sister in law and niece have two fabulous kitchens. They have threaten to beat me up if I don't cook!

We are driving as I am sure you know, a plane is not a good environment for me. Wish us luck, I am sure the good Lord will get us there! I will report back when we return. Oh, I have some pictures to post of smoked ribs 3 weeks ago. Smokes then on the Joe St. Louis style, they came out awesome.

Anyway, fingers crossed on this trip! Chat soon.
Hit them straight
BogieDr

Kamado Joe Classic
Weber Little Joe
Weber 22.5 Performer
Weber Genesis II LX S-440
Green Mountain Daniel Boone prime
GTR
Bandolero

Re: Texas, Bogie is visting

Postby GTR » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:27 pm

Safe travels and happy house hunting. :texas:
"The days I keep my expectations low and my gratitude high, I have really good days."
Ray Wylie Hubbard
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:54 am

Once you get on I-10 it’ll be smooth sailing. Get to Houston and look for 59 North, piece a cake
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:44 am

Hey Bro, sure good to hear from you. That Kingwood/Humble area are very nice, so Good Luck and Safe Travels.
:tup: :cheers: :salut: :texas:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:50 pm

Bogie, good luck in your search for an oncologist. If you need help with that just let me know.

Also, Kingwood sits along the banks of the San Jacinto river. Any house you may look at, make sure it is not in a flood plane, and hasn't already flooded up there.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:01 am

GRailsback wrote:Bogie, good luck in your search for an oncologist. If you need help with that just let me know.

Also, Kingwood sits along the banks of the San Jacinto river. Any house you may look at, make sure it is not in a flood plane, and hasn't already flooded up there.

Good Advice from G-Rail there, Pard.
When Harvey hit, the San Jacinto offered up some real Damage to a lot of homes that had normally been saved - - - so Good LUck and be Safe.
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:26 pm

Amen, Dr. Railsback is right about the flood zones, one buddy of mine was trapped by Harvey and another’s house wiped out, flooded out the whole first floor. If helpful and needed, the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) offers annual flood coverage at not too horribly unreasonable prices and coverage up to $250k for the improvements and $250k for your personal property. And if your Lender is federally insured, they are required to confirm you have coverage by law if the improvements are in a “defined” floodplain. They will be required to run a FEMA map flood determination to see if the house is in floodplain or it just impacts the lot, and you have the right to demand your lender provide a copy of same; ask for the flood map too. If you see a bayou or slough nearby, a good idea to confirm w your insurance that you have good flood coverage, or to consider obtaining same via the NFIP yourself if feasible.

By the bye, MD Anderson is of of if not the preeminent oncology center in the world, but you probably already knew something about that. Best Roto Rooters in the business. Will keep you in mind, and ask the Big Man to lend a hand, if it weren’t for him I would have been legitimately dead at least 25 times and counting now, completely serious. I quit asking why a long time ago, I just say thanks and I guess you must be expecting a lot from a little, Sir.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
bogiedr USER_AVATAR
bogiedr
Cowboy

Postby bogiedr » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:20 pm

Hello family!
We visited Kingwood and loved it. Visited with my brother's oncologist of 13 years and both the Mrs. and I came away impressed! We liked what we experienced except limited choices for groceries, it's HEB or Kroger, definitely different from Florida but, bottom line we have started the relocation blues, we are coming to Texas!! Will relocate to Kingwood or nearby. probably around November. I am praying the move will be smooth. Definitely looking forward to spending time with older brother, niece and nephew. As always I'll keep you informed and Rambo, we are coming home to Texas!!!!
Thanks for the love and prayers!!
Hit them straight
BogieDr

Kamado Joe Classic
Weber Little Joe
Weber 22.5 Performer
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:28 am

Hey Brother, good to have you and yours in our State and, as far as grocery stores go, I think you'll find plenty more across the San Jacinto River in Humble Texas. Seems like there's an Aldis, Jo Jo's, A-1, Walmart and of course Dollar Stores to pick from. Gonna be interesting to see if you fall in love with HEB like so many Texans are?

Welcome and Happy Trails to you,
OUP/Emm :cheers: :salut: :texas:
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:57 am

Great news
bogiedr USER_AVATAR
bogiedr
Cowboy

Postby bogiedr » Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:31 pm

Hello my friends! Tried to smoke some St. Louis ribs today on the GMG Boone. For some reason the new network set up kept kicking me out. Finally it started to rain and I got fed up! Shut off the Boone, started the Kamado Joe, 45 minutes later Joe was to the right temperature, smoked the ribs another hour, spread honey on the foil, wrapped ribs and in the Joe for 1 hour, best ribs ever!!!

BTW we are locked in on Kingwood and ready to make an offer on the right house! We have my brother's realtor helping us out so we'll see what happens. But the decision is firm! We hope to be there no later than November, pray that it happens! We are ready!! I asked my brother if neighbors would be upset at my smoking meats and he said, they'll be offended if you are not smoking something Saturday or Sunday! That makes me feel good about the decision. Brother Rambo, OUP, and the rest of you great friends, I am coming home to Texas!!! Guess I better learn to root for the Texans and not the Bucs, that's tough. Oh well there is always the NFL package.

G'night brothers, hope to be home soon!! Hope you had a great Labor day weekend!!!
Hit them straight
BogieDr

Kamado Joe Classic
Weber Little Joe
Weber 22.5 Performer
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:54 am

Looks like you’ll be hauling a lot of cookers; you might need a bigger truck :laughing7:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:00 am

:texas: Happy Trails, :texas: Brother Bogie - - - - I think you'll find some good "Meat Sources" in that Neighborhood also -- - thoughts and prayers as always. :tup: :chef: :cheers: :salut: :texas:
bogiedr USER_AVATAR
bogiedr
Cowboy

Postby bogiedr » Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:05 pm

Hello my friends! Hope everyone is well. I'll start with the department of not so awesome news. It seems my chemo treatments have stopped working, after a petscan two weeks ago it showed some cancer spread to four new areas of the body. Seems like a downer but the good Lord has me here for a reason so, I made it to 65th birthday and now I am looking forward to whatever challenges lie ahead!
I am a month from becoming an adopted Texan, already have my Texans hat!! New city, new doctor's that can experiment on me. Appointments for chemo already set up for the first week of December. We close on our new house late November, very excited to be there. Of course I KNOW I'll be hosting Christmas, my niece already said so! I am already thinking of a nice double smoked ham, after that, as Texans, what do you suggest? Smoked turkey on the kamado? Brisket? I'll appreciate your ideas as always. Texas better be ready for me because I have no intentions of leaving anytime soon, now if the Big Guy calls, that's another story. Brother Rambo, OUP, I am coming home!
:texas:
Hit them straight
BogieDr

Kamado Joe Classic
Weber Little Joe
Weber 22.5 Performer
The Pocono Ring Shop
Cowboy

Postby The Pocono Ring Shop » Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:17 pm

bogiedr wrote:Hello my friends! Hope everyone is well. I'll start with the department of not so awesome news. It seems my chemo treatments have stopped working, after a petscan two weeks ago it showed some cancer spread to four new areas of the body. Seems like a downer but the good Lord has me here for a reason so, I made it to 65th birthday and now I am looking forward to whatever challenges lie ahead!
I am a month from becoming an adopted Texan, already have my Texans hat!! New city, new doctor's that can experiment on me. Appointments for chemo already set up for the first week of December. We close on our new house late November, very excited to be there. Of course I KNOW I'll be hosting Christmas, my niece already said so! I am already thinking of a nice double smoked ham, after that, as Texans, what do you suggest? Smoked turkey on the kamado? Brisket? I'll appreciate your ideas as always. Texas better be ready for me because I have no intentions of leaving anytime soon, now if the Big Guy calls, that's another story. Brother Rambo, OUP, I am coming home!
:texas:
I don't know you bogiedr,

But, I'm a firm believer that prayers DO work, I've seen it time and time again, just recently as a few days ago someone in our family overcame the odds and I'm rooting for you my friend. I will definitely keep you in my prayers.
Looking forward to seeing LOTS more posts from you, i remember you from a few years back.

You have a big fan from the Northeast mountains of P.A.

Sent from my SM-A135U using Tapatalk

Return to “Big Green Egg & other ceramic cookers”