Hello guys!

Any type of flower pots post here

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

bogiedr USER_AVATAR
bogiedr
Cowboy

Hello guys!

Postby bogiedr » Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:01 pm

Been away for a while, I am back!! I see no postings for quite some time. Anyone still looking at his section?
Bogiedr :D
Hit them straight
BogieDr

Kamado Joe Classic
Weber Little Joe
Weber 22.5 Performer
Weber Genesis II LX S-440
Green Mountain Daniel Boone prime
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Hello guys!

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:26 pm

I would imagine that most of the Green Egg posts end up in the Chillin and Grillin unless they're talking about the Grill itself :tup:
Good to see you posting again - - - didn't you recently go thru some Medical Issues? So how are you getting along now :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bogiedr USER_AVATAR
bogiedr
Cowboy

Postby bogiedr » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:56 am

Hello OUP! Gad to be back!

Yes I had a extensive colorectal repositioning. Cancelled twice the last three years, surgeon said my heart could not handle three hours under anesthesia. I dropped 50lbs, got my old mended heart back in as good a shape as I could, went through the surgery some 18 days ago and made it through with flying colors. I was home three days after surgery! Recovery is going much better than expected. The only issue is that the mass removed, which was quite large, tested positive for cancer. Rest assured I have no concerns!! I have survived a massive hear attack at 35 years of age, arthritis, I have been a diabetic for 37 years, had a double bypass at 45 and a defibrillator / pace maker installed three years ago and I still look like nothing is wrong with me! The good Lord likes me and keeps me around, too much work left to be done!! After making it through all those "inconveniences" I have 0 fear or concerns! The rest of the issues were unexpected, this I have been expecting for over 30 years, long cancer history in my family, Mom, Brother, uncle, 3 aunts … you get the idea! So will see the Doctor this week and should start treatment very soon.

Meantime started smoker again yesterday! smoked a 9lbs Boston butt which I marinated in Cuban mojo for 24 hours. Rubbed with heavy Adobo and smoked paprika … still have it! Yes very Cuban pulled pork, I am in Florida after all :D Delicious!!! Wife love it. Sharing the rest with her folks and brother today.

I know there were a lot of prayers for me out there which I immensely appreciate, they worked!! On to the next challenge!!! I assure you I will be fine and grilling and smoking meats for at least another 30 years :tup: I'll try to post pork picture tonight sometime. Enjoy your Sunday and I am looking forward to another Superbowl!!
Hit them straight
BogieDr

Kamado Joe Classic
Weber Little Joe
Weber 22.5 Performer
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:07 am

bogiedr = INSPIRATION, DETERMINATION,FAITH !!!

Wow

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:15 am

I know that it was not easy for you to share that with all of us, however, I am touched by your Faith, Sir. Just know that you are an inspiration to me and, I'm sure, many others. :bow: :salut:

Looking forward to your knowledge and cooks in the future :wav:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bogiedr USER_AVATAR
bogiedr
Cowboy

Postby bogiedr » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:58 pm

I am touched and humbled by your comments! The first day I joined this forum, it felt right! Felt like I belonged, and all of you have proven me right. All staples from surgery come off Thursday and I see the Oncologist Friday early in the morning. Probably start chemo next week … looking forward to the battle. Family is behind me rooting me on and I know the folks in this forum are as well :D we will beat this and I will be smoking and posting for a long time!! Speaking of smoking … I need to post the photo of the final shredding of my "Cuban pulled pork".

Today I had this urge to smoke a brisket Aaron Franklin style. My wife's eyes lit up and said, "your awesome brisket chili" for the Superbowl. So we agreed I will smoke an 8lb brisket tomorrow, have some for dinner with sweet potato fries, (air fryer, healthier), and the rest I'll chop and make my chili which of course includes a bottle of goood beer!!! I use red pepper flakes instead of cayenne. I have sharp cheddar to top it with and cold beer to handle the heat!!! I'll report after the Superbowl and start working on my next smoking session. Probably due for some nice cedar planked salmon and smoke sweet potatoes ;)
Thank you all sincerely! We have never met, but you are friends for life!!
Bogiedr
Hit them straight
BogieDr

Kamado Joe Classic
Weber Little Joe
Weber 22.5 Performer
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:02 pm

:tup: Good Luck and Good Smoking :salut:
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:29 pm

Bogie - thank you for sharing with us. Know you have our prayers as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:34 pm

Bogie: wish you all the best from Norway and hope you get a speedy recovery.

Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1
bogiedr USER_AVATAR
bogiedr
Cowboy

Postby bogiedr » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:04 pm

BogieDr.jpg.jpg

Don't know why sideways, but here is the end result of my Cuban Mojo Pork!!

Fixed it ! :tup:
Hit them straight
BogieDr

Kamado Joe Classic
Weber Little Joe
Weber 22.5 Performer
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:35 pm

Looks good - - - usually the size is what makes them vertical instead of horizontal, HOWEVER, that's one of those pics that would look just as good upside down :dont: Unless you're looking at the Drawer Handle :laughing7: :lol: :D :laughing7: :lol: :D
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:03 am

A man who WON’T be stopped...
CAN’T be stopped.

Prayers fer you here Bogie, your attitude is 110% and I have so much respect for those ho run toward the fight instead of away.

Be well Brother.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
bogiedr USER_AVATAR
bogiedr
Cowboy

Postby bogiedr » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:42 pm

Thank you all! Your thoughts and prayers mean the world!
I'll be posting last weekends smoked brisket … was awesome and leftovers made for some incredible chili!!!
Hit them straight
BogieDr

Kamado Joe Classic
Weber Little Joe
Weber 22.5 Performer
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:21 pm

:cheers: :salut: :tup:
bogiedr USER_AVATAR
bogiedr
Cowboy

Postby bogiedr » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:44 pm

Did not post brisket, darn it, have to do that! It was awesome and looked incredible, or so I thought. Made great chili three days later!

First day of chemo in the books! No side effects yet. I don't anticipate any. It was easy and just plain boring to be honest. Go back in two weeks for round two. Piece of cake, I have this!!!! Will be posting for a long time, that is if I remember to post :banghead:
Hit them straight
BogieDr

Kamado Joe Classic
Weber Little Joe
Weber 22.5 Performer

Return to “Big Green Egg & other ceramic cookers”