Still here!

Any type of flower pots post here

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

bogiedr USER_AVATAR
bogiedr
Cowboy

Still here!

Postby bogiedr » Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:54 pm

Been rainy and all the good stuff folks in Texas have been experiencing. We get it after you do :mrgreen: :dont: . Just a quick update, I have developed neuropathy due to chemotherapy treatments. Currently undergoing physical therapy to work on balance and strength. Road keeps getting a bit rougher but, to beat a Spaniard, Sicilian via Puerto Rico will be tough! Good luck. Taking :salut: the easy way out for super bowl, go Bengals, but I have a picnic pork in a deep freezer, as soon as I can I will rotisserie that sucker and post for you to enjoy! Hope everyone is doing well and family is doing well!

Thanks to everyone here, my BBQ family, bogiedr1
Hit them straight
BogieDr

Kamado Joe Classic
Weber Little Joe
Weber 22.5 Performer
Weber Genesis II LX S-440
Green Mountain Daniel Boone prime
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Re: Still here!

Postby Rambo » Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:54 am

After all you’ve gone through you can get through this too. Your attitude is infectious and admirable. Prayers up for you Brother.
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:09 am

Keep punching away Bogey. It’s always good to see you post. I’m with you on the big game as well. Hope the Bengals win this one. Enjoy the game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:50 pm

Thanks for dropping, Bro, hang in there and we'll do the same with our Prayers. :tup: :wav: :chef: :cheers: :salut: :texas:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bogiedr USER_AVATAR
bogiedr
Cowboy

Postby bogiedr » Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:23 pm

Thank you brothers!

Year three of chemo began last Tuesday, I must admit it hit me hard realizing that this is my life, chemo as long as I can take it. Neuropathy is getting a little worse and my Boone pellet grill decided to go bad again just before the Super Bowl. Thank god for the Weber gasser! Homemade meatballs and Boone fails? Awful! Trying to inject some humor here so it’s not a downer … I admit I am down! Folks like you keep me alive! Thank you a billion times!

I just finished this weeks blog which publishes tomorrow morning. As I listen to America’s Hat Trick I am finishing next weeks blog which covers my downward spiral … do not fret, I am going nowhere! I have more super bowl’s to watch. It may not be comfortable but I will be here!!

I have a few more super bowls to watch, briskets, Boston butts and ribs to smoke as well as fish!!! Thank you for listening, it’s hard to find an audience that can sympathize, you folks do … thank you :salut: :salut: :salut: :salut: :salut: will update you soon!

Thank you!
Hit them straight
BogieDr

Kamado Joe Classic
Weber Little Joe
Weber 22.5 Performer
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:21 am

Bogie - I want you to hang around at least until you get to see my Cowboys in another super bowl…that oughta keep you around a while. (My attempt at injecting some humor as well)

But seriously - you keep swinging away and check in when you can. I look forward to your posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:09 am

Prayers up for you. You mentioned previously that you were considering a move to the Houston area. Are you still considering that move?
bobcat1 USER_AVATAR
bobcat1
Outlaw

Postby bobcat1 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:13 am

My prayers are added to these! :texas:
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:29 pm

bobcat1 wrote:My prayers are added to these! :texas:

Amen and more.
egghead USER_AVATAR
egghead
Egg Master

Postby egghead » Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:36 pm

Prayers Amigo
Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
XL, Small, and Mini BGE
bogiedr USER_AVATAR
bogiedr
Cowboy

Postby bogiedr » Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:47 pm

Again, Gracias everyone. Yes Rambo, Houston is a possibility, just waiting on wife to retire, that's 3 years away, unless she agrees to go earlier since she is working virtual. Tampa housing is overinflated and Texas market is still very comfortable. When my brother retired from a global VP position, he moved back to Houston and him, my sister in law , niece and nephew are pumped that crazy Uncle and their favorite Aunt might be going there. It will be nice. Also gives me a chance to possibly meet some of you and maybe collaborate on a big smoking beef session!! Won't know for a while, but family has a way to reel you in :D
Hit them straight
BogieDr

Kamado Joe Classic
Weber Little Joe
Weber 22.5 Performer

Return to “Big Green Egg & other ceramic cookers”