Indoor "smokeless" grills?

Any type of high heat grill.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

chasdev USER_AVATAR
Chasdev
Outlaw

Indoor "smokeless" grills?

Postby Chasdev » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:08 pm

The wife has been eyeing an electric indoor grill, anybody got one or seen one in use?
I'm having a hard time believing they are smokeless..but it would be nice, not having a gas unit, to be able to grill some veg without having to fire up a charcoal unit.
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Re: Indoor "smokeless" grills?

Postby spacetrucker » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:31 pm

no such thing as far as I am concerned, I would double check the return policy and the warranty if it guarantees smokeless, even our air fryer emits odors and smoke, we use it under the vent a hood...
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
chasdev USER_AVATAR
Chasdev
Outlaw

Postby Chasdev » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:54 pm

One or two of the offerings have an onboard fan system that inhales and scrubs the smoke, supposedly.
I won't buy one until/unless somebody posts up that theirs works as advertised FWIW.
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:15 pm

I have had those vent a hoods with the filter, they do nothing to get rid of the smoke and are marginal on the particulate... just my $.02
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
chasdev USER_AVATAR
Chasdev
Outlaw

Postby Chasdev » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:06 am

You owned one of the new versions like the ones that are advertised on TV right now?
Just wondering of the new ones have solved or resolved the problem with smoke output.
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:13 am

Vent a hoods in my opinion are made to vent from above the stove to the outside, only.
I will never have ok rephrase, will never use a vent a hood that vents inside, we are researching replacing the one we have due to its lack of efficiency. The builder that installed it did not do a good installation job, and the hood itself is mediocre at best, so time for a revamp.
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
chasdev USER_AVATAR
Chasdev
Outlaw

Postby Chasdev » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:58 am

Okay, this has gone sideways.
The cooker/s I am asking about have an onboard/built in system to contain and control smoke output while grilling indoors, thus eliminating the need for a vent hood.
At no point was I asking about a vent hood above the stove.
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:30 am

Chasdev,

Yes, I've seen these work, my brother has a Techwood ISG. Has its own onboard smoke collector and works excellent.
Look into that brand, its a great quality piece.

I'm thinking that the members above were thinking you meant some type of charcoal fired indoor grill that safely traps the smoke. I'm sure there was no disrespect meant.
If I'm correct, you are referring to an Electric version ??

If so, search Amazon or wherever you like to shop. I think he paid about 125$ for his.

Hope this helps
habitat USER_AVATAR
Habitat
Pilgrim

Postby Habitat » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:49 pm

Habitat Restaurant: The place where we share our best articles to help you choose the best charcoal grill, best pellet grill, best garbage disposal, best smokeless indoor grills, best gas grills, best commercial smokers, best smokers... With the most optimistic reviews, hope our sharing will help you choose the best products that suit your needs. This is the goal we are aiming for
chasdev USER_AVATAR
Chasdev
Outlaw

Re: Indoor

Postby Chasdev » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:26 pm

woodenvisions wrote:Chasdev,

Yes, I've seen these work, my brother has a Techwood ISG. Has its own onboard smoke collector and works excellent.

I'm thinking that the members above were thinking you meant some type of charcoal fired indoor grill that safely traps the smoke. I'm sure there was no disrespect meant.

If so, search Amazon or wherever you like to shop. I think he paid about 125$ for his.

Hope this helps

First sentence of my first post stated indoor electric grill, so not sure what I did wrong there.
Thanks much for the info on the Techwood, Amazon has them for under $100 and one is in my cart now.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:31 pm

All's well that Ends Well - - - I don't think anything was done wrong just misunderstood - - - - glad you got your unit :tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: Indoor

Postby woodenvisions » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:45 pm

Chasdev wrote:
woodenvisions wrote:Chasdev,

Hope this helps

First sentence of my first post stated indoor electric grill, so not sure what I did wrong there.
Thanks much for the info on the Techwood, Amazon has them for under $100 and one is in my cart now.
No problem, and ur welcome Chasdev.
I just looked too and the exact one he has is about 99$
I'm thinking he paid more cuz he wasn't a Prime member at the time and probably had the shipping charges added in the price ?

I'm glad u got one in ur cart, I've been procrastinating myself on the same one he has which is now 99$ on here, I'm betting it's the same one you have in ur cart lol.

Return to “Charcoal Grills, Gas Grills and Disc Cookers”