Labor Day cook

Any type of high heat grill.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

bogiedr USER_AVATAR
bogiedr
Cowboy

Labor Day cook

Postby bogiedr » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:38 pm

Hello friends! After last week’s chemo I actually had a good week for the first time in a long time! Had second round for the month today, let’s see how I handle it. Back to the subject at hand, hope everyone had a great Labor Day. Went to Sprouts and found some great looking top sirloin steaks at a great price. Picked up two of them plus some great looking Yukon gold potatoes. Made mashed potatoes with cream cheese and butter. Got the Weber kettle up to 450, four minutes a side and three minutes on the indirect side. Rubbed with ev olive oil and longhorn prairie dust. Pics may not do justice but man they turned out awesome. A great glass of Spanish Rioja wine … great dinner. My wife said that cancer may have stolen some abilities from me but cooking was not one of them! I truly appreciate that as I saw how much she loved diner and let’s face it, do we grill for our ego or for those we love? It was a great weekend, hope you had a great one as well. I will keep you posted as cancer results come in. God bless you all my brothers. The pics are not great but you’ll get the idea. Thanks for your prayers and support.

699BD2C4-F18A-485D-896D-791E36F60EAD.jpeg
3B6222ED-F328-4E38-AE08-7C320C385B24.jpeg
A3656CC2-3FC4-4950-AD7F-3BB0E97351D9.jpeg
Hit them straight
BogieDr

Kamado Joe Classic
Weber Little Joe
Weber 22.5 Performer
Weber Genesis II LX S-440
Green Mountain Daniel Boone prime
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Labor Day cook

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:38 am

Hey Bro, this post actually made me smile, especially the "good week part" - - - One of my best friends is on his 4th week and hasn't had any bad side effects at all. I pray for both of you and other Friends every night. "Happy Wife Happy Life" - - - Git'er Done, Bro. :tup: :wav: :chef: :cheers: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:15 pm

Looks like a great way to celebrate a good week. My prayer is that those good weeks begin to stack up for you to the point it is rare for it not to be a good week. Please keep us posted and keep plugging away!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:05 pm

Glad to hear you’re doing well and we’re sure glad to hear from’ya. That meal looks great
bogiedr USER_AVATAR
bogiedr
Cowboy

Postby bogiedr » Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:26 am

Thank you brothers! Have not done much smoking/grilling recently. This months accumulate chemo is keeping me down, but my incredible wife keeps me alive! I appreciate your understanding and prayers, it helps! As I think I have said before, I am too dumb to quit!! So here I sit listening to Jackson Brown’s “The pretender” reflecting on the great life I’ve had. Not quitting, just reminding myself that life has been very good. Like the Highway Men sang, “I’ll always be around”. I might smoke some sausage today since it’s 1:26 am here, and get set for my Buccaneers game against the dirty birds, or Hotlanta Falcons! This not a downer post, just updating my brothers. As Jim Valvano said, don’t quit, don’t ever quit! That’s my motto! I’ll post as soon as I try to burn something! In the meantime, cheers! Celebrate life! Will post soon.
Hit them straight
BogieDr

Kamado Joe Classic
Weber Little Joe
Weber 22.5 Performer
Weber Genesis II LX S-440
Green Mountain Daniel Boone prime
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:56 am

Yay, Bro, may GOd give you comfort and strengthen your Faith and Determination.
Thanks for the Update, my Friend :tup: :wav: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:29 pm

Sorry to hear you're having a hard time with chemo. . I sincerely hope things improve.

Sent fra min SM-G988B via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1

Return to “Charcoal Grills, Gas Grills and Disc Cookers”