Freezers: Upright vs. Chest

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

ld7009 USER_AVATAR
ld7009
Pilgrim

Re: Freezers: Upright vs. Chest

Postby ld7009 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:32 pm

I have 7 cu ft chest. I keep about 2 20 lbs bag of ice on bottom when freezer is low to keep efficient
No problems with freezer
chasdev USER_AVATAR
Chasdev
Outlaw

Postby Chasdev » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:55 am

Unless something has changed there are NO new upright large freezers for sale in America.
I've been shopping for four months and nobody has them and all say they will be here two months ago, but no joy.
Lots of the teeny uprights and some chest types but the Chinese are not shipping for some reason.
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:34 am

Chasdev wrote:Unless something has changed there are NO new upright large freezers for sale in America.
I've been shopping for four months and nobody has them and all say they will be here two months ago, but no joy.
Lots of the teeny uprights and some chest types but the Chinese are not shipping for some reason.

I believe it. Wife and I were shopping fridge / freezers for when we move into the new place. We were just kicking tires and trying to decide what we wanted. The sales lady asked when we would need it. I told her sometime in September or maybe early October. She said that was good because not only does it allow us to shop Labor Day sales but also maybe they will have some inventory by then. Said the plant shut downs due to the virus had made it hard to source parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Pit Accessories, Stokers, Thermometers and Knives”